View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 07:08 PM
So sorry to hear that Chellie...I am sick and tired of dogs attacking Henry...I am now walking with a jiff Lemon squeezy and a big stick, they will be squirted first and then hit if anything attacks my boy again and doesn't get the message first time round...I hope Meeka is ok xxx
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Poor Meeka. Hope she recovers quickly from that horrible experiance.
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks everyone, Meeka is fine, she is a little trooper and was just herself with all the other dogs we met after this so it hasn't affected her in any way. I've cleaned her war wounds and fed her chicken and she is now fast asleep on the sofa

Storm is more wary and he spent his time hiding in the river, he is such a coward
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 07:39 PM
I came across a couple of numpties yesterday and my dogs got attacked (fortunately the dog had a muzzle on though) and it ended up with me seeing this bloomin greyhound off as it's owner was less than useless.

All you want to do is have a peaceful, stress free walk taking in the sights and interacting with your dogs and it often gets ruined by idiotic owners with their less than friendly dogs. Thats the reason I choose to avoid other dogs and their walkers.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I came across a couple of numpties yesterday and my dogs got attacked (fortunately the dog had a muzzle on though) and it ended up with me seeing this bloomin greyhound off as it's owner was less than useless.

All you want to do is have a peaceful, stress free walk taking in the sights and interacting with your dogs and it often gets ruined by idiotic owners with their less than friendly dogs. Thats the reason I choose to avoid other dogs and their walkers.
Same for me on yesterday mornings's walk, it was full of dogwalkers with half a dozen or more dogs each the fields were full of them because there's no mud up there I was approaching a woman with 3 collies, so I thought I'd better put Zena on her lead to walk past them in a big open field on the wide path, and lo and behold one of the collies left her and came charging over to us snapping and snarling and growling at Zena, but thankfully, it went back when the owner called it, but she was totally oblivious, didn't even say "sorry about that" and I dread to think what would have happened if it had got 2 feet closer quite honestly Dave told me to kick them in future if they come over to her like this, and I might well do that!!!!!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:10 PM
It takes the sting out a little bit if people bother to apologise but they are that clueless they dont even realise an apology is required! I just walk off saying "yeah, no, thats fine, dont you worry about it"!

I really should say more but i'm not terribly assertive.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Oh my goodness, thank goodness Meeka is ok xx Poor Storm being so scared he hid in the river!

Stupid, irresponsible, rude idiots. How dare such people spoil our walks, it makes me so annoyed.

I hate it when I see a large group of unknown dogs offlead coming towards us, you just can't trust that dogs off lead are friendly these days because of idiot owners . With Keisha being so reactive I usually shout and tell them 'she's not good with other dogs' but usually the other dogs are unable to be recalled and I end up with sore arms trying to hold Keisha's lead as she frantically hops around.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Oh, how horrible! I am glad everyone is ok. I have to be honest, and say I am getting so completely fed up with people allowing their dogs to do things like that… it is sadly becoming common in my local park…
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:03 PM
I am so glad that there was no dreadful ending to this incident, and doesn't it make you mad when owners refuse to take responsibility.

I feel sorry for their dogs too because unless these people change their attitude and the way that they walk their dogs, then sooner or later something will go horribly wrong and the dogs will be blamed.

Give your dogs a virtual cuddle from me please
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 09:49 AM
If those people had an ounce of sense and consideration it may have occurred to them how intimidating having 10 dogs approach you would be. They should have putthem on leads i think whilst approaching. Bloody people
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >