Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
firefox
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 07:12 AM

Puppy sick

Yesterday I gave my pup a little of the puppy Kong paste on his Kong ball and a while later he was sick. I'm assuming this is what caused it as the only other time he has been sick he had had Kong paste too (chucking the tin away now!!)
This morning he gobbled his food down (dry and chappie mix) and then when I took him out to poop straight after as usual each time he kind of curled his body round to poop he he got those kind of heaves they have just before they throw up. Each time he stopped trying to poop he get better and stopped heaving.
Do you think the two are related or did he just gobble his food too quickly? (He's absolutely find apart from this!)
Thanks
Oops - just realised I put this in the wrong forum! Sorry!
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 07:29 AM
I'd toss the Kong paste. We have that over here and I've found it makes lots of dogs sick. Better off using real peanut butter.

As for the heaving while pooping, it could be that he ate too much too fast so when he was bearing down to defecate, it was putting too much pressure on his stomach making him heave. How much is he getting fed and how many meals a day (and how old is he). Does he gulp his food? Has this ever happened before?
firefox
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 07:52 AM
He's a 20 week old Springer/Cocker - he's never done it before but he did wolf down his food today. He's getting 2 meals a day.
For the last week or so we've been getting up at 5am (as my little boy has been disturning him) and he's been slower to eat. Today we didn't get up til 6am (bliss!) but he was starving!
Thinking of using a toy dispenser toy thingy (like a pyramid) to start him off before he settles to a proper meal just to take the edge off and use up some of that early morning energy. Is this a good idea or not?
Thanks