Our sister sites
Our sister sites
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2005, 04:11 PM

pc world Help?

Ok Guys and Girls, I need your Help!

My Husband For my Birthday In April Bought Me A Lap top Computer! Well its Was Damaged 1 Of the Pixles were Damaged , they Replaced the Computer! and Ever Since then Its been a Load Of Trouble, Its Very Slow Even though We have Aol Broadband....We Took it back To PC WORLD that Said they Can,t Find Nothing Wrong! It Freezing All the Time and Althe Time ive had it Its Spent More Time in the Box rather than Being Used and It Will Not Conect to the internet For mor than 10mins @ A time, So we have Talked To Pcworld and Just Told them We were not Happy, Yet a Gain We let them Have a Look @ it, But it this time Came Back With a Big Splodge In the Screen and it Was Not there Before! When Again They Took it Back To Put a New Screen on it, Its Even Worse than Before...Ok Ive Lost my rag Big time and Told them I wanted a Refund...Or a new Computer They Turnt Round and Said They Don,t Do either!!! So I Asked for The Girls Name She Said I Can,t Give you That..... We Have Sent 3 letters To Them and Not Once have they Replyed,
The last One We Recorded So they had To Sign for it That was 3 wks ago.
Help And Any Advise Would be Welcome please...
Julie
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Hi Colliecrazy, I would contact your local trading standards office and get them on the case if I were you - If PC World can't help you. What make is the lap top because it might be worth going to the manufacturer and having it out with them and they might offer to replace it. I also bought a laptop from PC world about a couple of months back and it had a stuck pixel and some nice lady on Dogweb emailed them and pretended she was my sister and she was so good that they offered to replace the laptop, so it might be worth trying this
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2005, 05:25 PM
We had big trouble with a PC a few years ago. We eventually took it back to the shop and, after being fobbed off once again, threatened to put it through the window if they didn't replace it. They did. Be strong - don't take any crap from them - people like you are their bread and butter - make lots of noise in the store - they'll do most anything to get you to shut up. Good luck!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by colliecrazy1
Ok Guys and Girls, I need your Help!

My Husband For my Birthday In April Bought Me A Lap top Computer! Well its Was Damaged 1 Of the Pixles were Damaged , they Replaced the Computer! and Ever Since then Its been a Load Of Trouble, Its Very Slow Even though We have Aol Broadband....We Took it back To PC WORLD that Said they Can,t Find Nothing Wrong! It Freezing All the Time and Althe Time ive had it Its Spent More Time in the Box rather than Being Used and It Will Not Conect to the internet For mor than 10mins @ A time, So we have Talked To Pcworld and Just Told them We were not Happy, Yet a Gain We let them Have a Look @ it, But it this time Came Back With a Big Splodge In the Screen and it Was Not there Before! When Again They Took it Back To Put a New Screen on it, Its Even Worse than Before...Ok Ive Lost my rag Big time and Told them I wanted a Refund...Or a new Computer They Turnt Round and Said They Don,t Do either!!! So I Asked for The Girls Name She Said I Can,t Give you That..... We Have Sent 3 letters To Them and Not Once have they Replyed,
The last One We Recorded So they had To Sign for it That was 3 wks ago.
Help And Any Advise Would be Welcome please...
Julie
You will find that with PC World stuff you get loads of problems I had problems with my first pc that I bought from them the hard drive was partioned when their pc's are not partioned how did it get partioned? I’ll tell you it was someone’s else’s return that’s how it was partioned so what you got in the replacement laptop was properly someone else’s return (hard to prove that it wasn't.)My pc kept on crashing they said it was some software that i put on it but the only software that was on it came with the pc.Finally got it sorted when i insisted that i got a new hard drive and this sorted my problem out. I will never buy anything from PC World again.

Was the lap top the same spec as the one that was faulty?
When systems usually freeze this is down to lack of resources like not enough ram, processor speed for the applications that you have on your system.
Get your money back if you can you could try a defrag the laptop to see if that will help it might speed it up a bit
You will find this site usefull
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Right, if you'd like some outside help, my OH writes the best stroppy letters in the world and I work in I.T. for the NHS. What you need to do is write a letter to them with copies to your local paper and Watchdog. Bet you get a response and quick. Seriously as soon as you mention the press and Watchdog, attitudes change. PC World are a big company and it's a big wide world out there. Plenty of competition and they can't afford to lose business especially this close to Christmas. If you would like us to help, please feel free to PM me with all of the details and we'll see what we can do. Trust me, it'll be a pleasure!
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2005, 09:28 PM
We have Just Contacted Trading Standards , But i Really Do Hope they get Back to Us Soon as This is Just Not Right and We are Very Upset, As it wos a birthday Gift! and Not Only that, It Makes you Not trust People, It WAS a Packard Bell, And We Paid £ 799 Pluss all the Extras To Run 2 Computers and What with All the Stress To.
I will Get back to You if I hear From Trading Standards.
Thanks Julie
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2005, 09:40 PM
No problem Julie, let us know how you get on
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-10-2005, 09:45 PM
The appropriate consumer laws are:

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (amended 1994)
The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982
Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994
Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002

For faulty goods, you can make a claim for compensation up to 6 years after purchase (5 years in Scotland).

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/gu...sumerguide.pdf

If the item was bought on credit eg using a credit card, you should have additional protection under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. In this case fire a letter to PC World HQ and copy to the credit card company. You will need to give accurate details, dates, faults etc.

Look at some of the 'template' letters on this site:

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/com...tters_01.shtml

I believe that their details are:

PC World Customer Service
Customer Contact Centre
PO Box 1687
Sheffield
S2 5YA

If you still get no joy, you can pursue the claim through the Small Claims court.

It's also worth writing into some of the PC magazines - most seem to have consumer help sections.

You can also make reasonable claims for 'loss of use', anxiety caused etc.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2005, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=colliecrazy1]We have Just Contacted Trading Standards , But i Really Do Hope they get Back to Us Soon as This is Just Not Right and We are Very Upset, As it wos a birthday Gift! and Not Only that, It Makes you Not trust People, It WAS a Packard Bell, And We Paid £ 799 Pluss all the Extras To Run 2 Computers and What with All the Stress To.
I will Get back to You if I hear From Trading Standards.
Thanks Julie[/QUOTE

I would get on to Packard Bell then if I was you because its their make of laptop and tell them what a load of crap it is. My laptop is a Toshiba and when Ashlady emailed them they said they would replace it -even though it only had a stuck pixel so I'm sure Packard Bell would be able to replace it if PC World won't, I would give it a try anyway
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Well As we Both Thought! Its a Tuff one, Trading Standards have Told us We have To Proof that The Computer is Not wORKING to the right Standard and To do that We have to Take them To the COURTS, so Once again We are Really , Up the hill With out a Paddle! But we are Going to Contackt the Credit card Companey and See what they Say we Should Do and reply AGAIN to pc world..
I will Never again Buy a Thing from Pc World.
Thanks Everyone That Tried to help me out.
JULIE
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >