View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Have to say oh bought his 4x4 as we live kinda rural.If it snows here we can be snowed in for a fair bit as it is rather a hilly area.My oh runs his own business and he says apart from him being a huge 4x4 fan having one will enable him to get out and work no matter what .He usually runs around in his Renault Kangoo1.5 and the Nissan Terrano lies in the drive all week,he will take it out for our supermarket run or a visit to his mums etc.He loves driving it and feels being a rather big boy it's more comfortable to drive.Sometimes I take my car but he cannot drive mines as he's too big in height and build,
I generally didn't want him to get a 4x4 but it ticks all the right boxes as far as I'm concerned now re climate these days.Especially as far as getting around when the weather is bad.Colin with you running your own business I can see where you are coming from with yours too.
As for the safety aspect of it I couldn't believe the overall view you get all round.I expected it to be really bad and it isn't especially reversing.Actually theres no difference as to reversing my estate and his 4x4.Also boy oh boy I feel a lot more safe sitting in his 4x4 than my car thats for sure.
All in all I'm thinking I wouldn't mind one for myself I just have to join the club of either ignoring the abuse, giving the two finger salute and w**ker gesture xxxxxxxx
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Iv been watching this tread carfeully as we have a "gas guzzler" and have noticed something....Why is it that all those people with 4X4s feel the need to justify using them??

Those who are so self righteous and arguing about green this and that - what have you done to be eco friendly apart from already own a car that just so happens to fall under the goverment emissions bands? green up your house? Green up the way you live? Do you still use plastic bags? Oh how about holidays?

Cut with the eco cr@p as TBH im sick of it. Its another stealth tax from McBroon and his croanies to fund their mercs and (2) million $ homes!

Nearly every car will be effected by this new tax system including your average family car. 4X4s have been targetted to cover this fact and to keep all the sheeple quiet. But of course everyone who drives a 4x4 is stuck up and and rich - hey thats why they drive them - so who gives a t*ss, right

Rant off
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by jenny tamworth View Post
i do not have a horse box and have no need for a 4x4, my little car takes up less space and causes less damage to the environment than a hulking great range rover.

Absolute Rubbish. Read the facts already posted. That statement is completely untrue. 4x4s fit in all parking spaces as many are actually smaller/shorter/narrower than many other cars (although as you haven't read the FACTS you wouldn't know) and 4x4s are less damaging in many other ways (again unless you can be bothered to educate yourself, you woudln't know that)

no i don't need to go to specsavers to see for myself that my car fits within a parking space that a giant hulking 4x4 cannot.

Please enlighten us as to exactly which parking spaces a 4x4 wont fit in, as they are all Government standard spaces ?
And how do you explain that many cars are wider and longer than many 4x4s ?

i do realise that some people do use their 4x4 for a purpose and i have already said that i do not have a problem with this. my brother uses his ranger rover to tow his large caravan, but uses a small car around town.

Oh good, so that's very eco friendly then, owning 2 CARS !!! Just as well he can afford to do so eh ??!!

if people think that owning a 4x4 makes them some way superior to people in little cars, carry on thinking that, i really don't care. my car is transport to get from a-b not to show off how wealthy i am
Again, HOW rude, self righteous and down right blinkered !

No-one here has insulted you for driving a small car, so dont do the same to us. I am neither rich, or think I am suerperior and to be quite honest am sick of your nasty attitude.

The same can be said about those that have 2 cars like your brother, what a show off !!

I've reported this because your replies are just downright rude and nasty. To post factual info is one thing, but you are just insulting people for no reason without valid explanation.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post
Iv been watching this tread carfeully as we have a "gas guzzler" and have noticed something....Why is it that all those people with 4X4s feel the need to justify using them??

Those who are so self righteous and arguing about green this and that - what have you done to be eco friendly apart from already own a car that just so happens to fall under the goverment emissions bands? green up your house? Green up the way you live? Do you still use plastic bags? Oh how about holidays?

Cut with the eco cr@p as TBH im sick of it. Its another stealth tax from McBroon and his croanies to fund their mercs and (2) million $ homes!

Nearly every car will be effected by this new tax system including your average family car. 4X4s have been targetted to cover this fact and to keep all the sheeple quiet. But of course everyone who drives a 4x4 is stuck and and rich - hey thats why they drive them - so who gives a t*ss, right

Rant off
Originally Posted by Malady View Post

No-one here has insulted you for driving a small car, so dont do the same to us. I am neither rich, or think I am suerperior and to be quite honest am sick of your nasty attitude.

The same can be said about those that have 2 cars like your brother, what a show off !!

I've reported this because your replies are just downright rude and nasty. To post factual info is one thing, but you are just insulting people for no reason without valid explanation.
standing ovation for these ladies please!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post

Hey you forgot to mention the congestion caused by his caravan
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:57 AM
LOL Ill tell you what Tara - if i wanted a car to show off in, id be driving round in an Audi R8 LOL

How about you!!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Hey you forgot to mention the congestion caused by his caravan
Blimey, what a hypocrite He must be rich and superior

LOL Ill tell you what Tara - if i wanted a car to show off in, id be driving round in an Audi R8 LOL

How about you!!
Well personally I think the OH would go for a Hummer ..PMSL !!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 12:00 PM

How about you!!
oooh actually i would have and aston martin.... mmmmmm
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 12:01 PM
oh Ill add a Mustang to that aswell!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 12:05 PM
and a jaguar rx8 (i think thats the new one sw it in B&Q car park and its sex on wheels!!!)
Page 14 of 19 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »