Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by jenny tamworth View Post
so the average size 4x4 is the same size as the average size car then, must be my space perception
I suggest to go to Specsavers.

pleased you are doing your bit for the environment with both of your cars
So am I. Plus you forgot to mention my two (work and dogmobil) vans, the wife's car and also the two girls cars.

Can you please explain to me what possible harm all the cars in this country are doing to the environment when we have countries like China, the USA and Russia to name but three with the highest pollution rates.

It would be different if we had our own mini ozone level, but we don't. So why should this country pay the price when the rest of the globe is doing nothing about it?

Also have to seen this: http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...rs-427843.html

What are you going to do next, stop cows farting or tax them a £1.00 a fart.

Lets be perfectly honest all these tax hikes have nothing to do with the environment, it is all down to fact that this government have overspent and just need the money.
jenny tamworth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2008, 11:28 PM
yes i did know about cows farting, i am a fan of jeremy clarkson, he is very entertaining. but i don't share his opinions on everything,

and even though i choose to drive a small less polluting car, and not drive a status symbol, i still have the right to have an opinion,
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-03-2008, 11:56 PM
yes i did know about cows farting, i am a fan of jeremy clarkson, he is very entertaining. but i don't share his opinions on everything,

and even though i choose to drive a small less polluting car, and not drive a status symbol, i still have the right to have an opinion,
Yes you are entitled to an opinion just as we are entitled to drive the car of our choice.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 12:15 AM

Have you read any of the facts that have been posted on this thread ? If you had, you would know that smaller doesn't mean less polluting !!

My 4x4 would easily hall a horse box or trailer without exhausting the engine, therefore only using slightly more fuel etc than usual, BUT if you are in a smaller car, and weigh down the boot or tow a trailer, that 'small' car with a 'small' engine will struggle immensely to do the job and use twice as much fuel and produce twice as much harmful gases ! People don't realise this and think that a smaller car means they are more environmentally friendly when often the opposite is true.

My 4x4 is not a status symbol, it is a neccesity. I think we all now know you dont like 4x4s, but theres no need to continually knock owners of them as being irresponsible, selfish and rude, when the majority of us are not !

What does Clarkson have to do with polluting cows ?? THAT is a fact, not a joke !

Stop labelling us all the same and trying to make us feel guilty, trust me I would love to pay less fuel and less road tax, on a smaller car, if I could manage with one, but I cannot !
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2008, 12:28 AM

Yes you are fully entitled to your opinion, but my point is that putting up the car tax, having the London congestion charge or doing away with every car over 1 litre isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to the global environment.

The only thing any of this does in put our hard earned money into that deep pocket of the governments.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

14-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Also I love the recurring theme of people in towns and cities especially London have no right to drive one, does everyone think we never venture further than the local supermarket or what? Never mind the fact that if I want to visit my sister I have to fork out £25 congestion charge Now apparently I'm not allowed in the countryside either. Sorry folks but london is surrounded by countryside, I live in London but I've got fields at the end of my road.
jenny tamworth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2008, 07:40 AM
i do not have a horse box and have no need for a 4x4, my little car takes up less space and causes less damage to the environment than a hulking great range rover.

no i don't need to go to specsavers to see for myself that my car fits within a parking space that a giant hulking 4x4 cannot.

i do realise that some people do use their 4x4 for a purpose and i have already said that i do not have a problem with this. my brother uses his ranger rover to tow his large caravan, but uses a small car around town.

if people think that owning a 4x4 makes them some way superior to people in little cars, carry on thinking that, i really don't care. my car is transport to get from a-b not to show off how wealthy i am
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

14-03-2008, 07:57 AM
if people think that owning a 4x4 makes them some way superior to people in little cars, carry on thinking that, i really don't care. my car is transport to get from a-b not to show off how wealthy i am
If only people with small cars would apply the same logic
Driving a small car doesn't make you superior either, it just makes you someone who drives a small car. Our 4x4's are a form of transport to get us from A-B as well , if I wanted to display my wealth or lack of it there are lots more prestigous vehicles I could choose but unfortunately a porshe 911 doesn't fit with my lifestyle.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 08:29 AM
wonder what everyone will do when the oil runs out???? but we can all sit in our big cars making brum-brum noises.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
wonder what everyone will do when the oil runs out???? but we can all sit in our big cars making brum-brum noises.
nows theres a point LOL i can sit in my little sporty peugeot and pretend i;m racing

it really dosent bother me if i wanted one i COULD easily buy one i just choose not too
but if ya like them then thats your choice its a free world .......
Page 13 of 19 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »