View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 08:18 PM
mel calm down its not worth the upset, you have enough on without getting upset with this.
at the end of the day right or wrong ppl will re act the way they feel is fit or what drives them to such things.
just because we dont all agree with the right and wrongs doesn't mean anyone is wrong.
i'm leaving this thread because no matter what is said and how many times you go over the same stuff it wouldn't change the way i would re act if my kids was being threatened.
some agree some disagree either way i would do what saw fit at the time and take my punishment if there was any.

until your in a situtation what ever it is no one can say how they would feel or act.
theres very few that can abide by the law which is 1 of the reasons we have so much crime, but at the same time it is understandable why ppl do.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
Post 129 appears to be about a case of vandalism not harm to a human.
I think the point is that no matter how many times the police have been called out they don't come.

When my elderly neighbour has had enough of the yobs vandalising his house and gives chase, keels over and dies of a final heart attack what then? Had the Police been bothered to answer the calls, his death might have been prevented.

Nipping behaviour like this in the bud is an important step towards preventing violent crime. Since the Police do not come, there is a greater and greater risk that people will take the law into their own hands because they are sick to death of having their hard-earned property ruined and with having no come-back.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
oh so thats ok then is it???
I'm saying I don't see it as an example of how they would respond to the threat to a human although I do feel sending one officer to investigate damage to property that has already occured seems a reasonable deployment of their resources.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Never one to miss out on a good debate...but being someone a bit short of time, I'm afraid I haven't read all the posts.
Just my tuppence worth though...
violence breeds violence and at some point that downward spiral must be nipped in the bud.
Is tit for tat violence or vigilantaism ok? IMO no. IS violence in order to protect yourself or those you love ok? o a degree, yes.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Post 129 appears to be about a case of vandalism not harm to a human.
How funny that you have completely ignored the point here - says a lot.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 08:31 PM
yeah, i'm off!!
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
How funny that you have completely ignored the point here - says a lot.
I'm sorry, I'm not one to ignore a point if I can spot it :smt001
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm saying I don't see it as an example of how they would respond to the threat to a human although I do feel sending one officer to investigate damage to property that has already occured seems a reasonable deployment of their resources.
I think reasonable deployment of their resources... would be to police our streets and make them safe.....

I'm sorry but I've tried to see your point of view but it seems to me your living in some perfect land far far away.. where the baddy always ends up the loser.... I just sincerely hope you never need a copper in any urgency
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
I think reasonable deployment of their resources... would be to police our streets and make them safe.....

I'm sorry but I've tried to see your point of view but it seems to me your living in some perfect land far far away.. where the baddy always ends up the loser.... I just sincerely hope you never need a copper in any urgency
Even Shane had to fight back
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Is tit for tat violence or vigilantaism ok? IMO no. IS violence in order to protect yourself or those you love ok? o a degree, yes.

Good point Ailsa,but when the Police batton charge an angry mob-are they not becomming the same..?

Sometimes violence is unavoidable when yourself or others are threatened-look at how many wars have started in similar circumstances.It dont make it right,but sometimes you cant stop the envitable.
Page 15 of 18 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >