Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 05:58 PM

I'm going to be another pain in Butt

Hello everyone,

I don't kow what's the matter with me, lately on a evening I just can't settle, can't even watch my favourite TV, I feel tired, stresed out sick fed up, going around the bend, emotional, sick of waiting to go into hospital. Wish I had it done, I'm scared, oh god! I feel lonely,where do I stop.

I have found out that the I'm going back to the same rehab place, but it has moved into the main hospital and it isn't the same! We used to have free TV in our rooms, now it has to be payed for - £3.50 per 24 hours I'm not paying that! I don't think I'm allowed to take my scooter in, therefore I'm going to be stuck in the ward for all the 5-6 months. Blackie won't be allowed in either. I'm not going to like this stay, the way I did the time before. I'm just pleased I have ordered myself a laptop to take in, I think it just might get some welly.

Sorry for the rant.

Ian
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 06:07 PM
cheat and buy a tuner for your laptop.

aslong as you dont use it when the laptops plugged in or tell anyoen tis plugged in then your covered on ur homes tv licence, hehe.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron View Post
cheat and buy a tuner for your laptop.

aslong as you dont use it when the laptops plugged in or tell anyoen tis plugged in then your covered on ur homes tv licence, hehe.
Good thinking, however I think you need a aerial outlet don't you?

Ian
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi Ian, you're not a pain in the but. You're bound to feel worried so don't beat yourself up about it.

£3.50 a day for TV is daylight robbery! I hate it when they make money from people when there really isn't any other choice. And I know that the telephones can be expensive in hospital after visiting my uncle there recently.

Any more news on how Blackie is going to be looked after while you're away? xJx
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 06:20 PM
i know one plug in tuner has an independent aerial.

let me see if i can find it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2006, 06:21 PM
oh you poor thing, you are bound to be feeling like that with all the worry and stuff you are going through at the moment. I think it is a terrible rip off this TV business, are you not allowed to bring a portable in for yourself? I know you could at one time if you were expecting to stay in a long time.
Have you sorted anything out for Blackie yet?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 06:25 PM
God that is awful - surely they can't expect you to pay £3.50 a day if you are going to be in hospital for that length of time. Its a rip off now isn't it - I remember when my mum was in hospital last year and it was £3.50 a day although I think its cheaper if you buy a weekly one but I am sure someone who has to stay that long should get more consideration - it's ridiculous

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling down Ian You are so brave and I admire you for how cheerful you seem to keep You have every right to feel down though its awful what you are going through at the moment
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 06:27 PM
http://www.savastore.com/productinfo...07&rstrat=3166

can you get digital tv there ?
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Hi,

I don't think I would be allowed to use a tuner, in case it interferes with other machines etc in the hospital. Some times you can bring in a TV, I might see if I can, it is daylight robbery what they charge, especially when once you put your card in, it runs continous for 24 hours, you can't pick and choose when you want to use it. Another thing that gets me is that pensioners (I'm not getting at them) but they get it half price! What's the difference (money wise) between a person on for example income support and a pension, they are both poor.

Blackie, that's another slight problem, I have contacted all the usual people - RSPCA, Dog trust, My vet, the local kennels, and the dog warden, with no joy, however someone in the Council office saw my email to the dog warden and she say's she may be able to help, however I have tried to email her back but the mail keeps bouncing. I will try again tomorrow, if not I will try and phone her. But I have got a couple of phone numbers of people that may be able to help but they have got dogs of them selve, one has three and the other one two, now Blackie might be ok, but I don't know because he isn't used to sharing with other dogs and might cause trouble. i.e. won't share his space etc, and I don't want to end up in hospital then the people saying that they can't have him. He would be better off in a house that hadn't any dogs.

Oh. it's a carry on, I think I would be more settled if he was sorted out.

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron View Post
http://www.savastore.com/productinfo...07&rstrat=3166

can you get digital tv there ?
Thanks for the link, it looks a good bit of kit. Yes I can get digital here, but I don't know if it would penetrate the hospital though.

Thanks.

Ian

P.S. Just had a brainwave, I keep in contact with one of the nurses who works on the ward, I have just emailed him and asked if I would be allowed to use such a device on the ward.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »