Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
butterflyes
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2005, 11:54 PM

Agility ,any in Worcester/hereford?, for Papillon

Hiya peeps , was wondering if any of you know where or if there are any agility-classes given in the Worcester / Hereford-area , I would like to join with my Papillon -boyz

Also, what should I be thinking of getting in the way of training-equipment? I now Im not on here a lot, but all help would be very appreciated

thanks for any help,

Vivian x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by butterflyes
Hiya peeps , was wondering if any of you know where or if there are any agility-classes given in the Worcester / Hereford-area , I would like to join with my Papillon -boyz

Also, what should I be thinking of getting in the way of training-equipment? I now Im not on here a lot, but all help would be very appreciated

thanks for any help,

Vivian x
Hi Vivian I am in that area but don't know of any..a good place to look is the notice board in the library if I come across anything I will PM you to let you know, Jessica is in Tewkesbury just over the border in Glos. she may know of something
butterflyes
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks Minihaha , I know Tewkesbury ,my OH works there

Vivian x
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2005, 05:37 AM
You need very good obedience prior to starting agility, your dog must be able to focus entirely on you, despite distractions, and to obey both verbal commands and signals. Reliable recall is essential. It is necessary that you can handle on both left and right. You also need to be sure that your dog is in excellent health.

At home you can make jumps, weave poles, planks, a table and tunnels. Be sure not to train high-impact if your dog is not an adult.

BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 08:30 AM
try looking on www.agilitynet.com theres a list of dog clubs that run agility on there
butterflyes
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2005, 03:33 PM
thanks guys

does this mean I have to take him to training classes first? or would this training be given at the agility-club? I have owned (rescue)dogs for years and have always done the training-bit myself, I know Reggie my 4y Papillon will do anything for me if I give him the right training,he's very clever and is easy trainable with treats ,he also climbes on everything so no worries there

thanks again

Vivian x
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi,
If that fails try www.it-barks.co.uk they have some different clubs listed for our area so they may do for yours as well. As long as you have control over your dog you don't have to have done a proper obedience class first. A good recall is a must so that your dog doesn't interfere with anybody elses while it is working, but a general overall control is enough to start with
Agility is great, good luck and have fun
Hazel