Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2005, 12:34 PM

Wireless

Sure this is a daft question but I am buying a Acer 1801, I hope, and it is wireless equiped. My question is at the moment I am conected by a wired system in order to use broadband and quess I will need some sort of sender but have no idea what sort or how to connect. Help! Please!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Not stupid! Try http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/acer-asp...ptop-3-nd2.htm - it's a site that tries to sell you things, but the answer may be buried in there somewhere!

I have Apple Airport on this laptop, fortunately, I have the "base station" as well, but I haven't been able to make it work yet (which I MUST do if I am to change to Tiscali BB in a short time!

Apple Airport can be made to work with PCs, too, so have a look at the Apple Airport Express page: http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

HTH
Snorri
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-09-2005, 12:51 PM
There are a few ways to do it.

On the assumption you already have a router the easiest way is to add a Wireless Access Point. It simply plugs into your router and gives you wireless capability.

Graeme
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Err, what’s a router, I have what came when I signed onto broadband, a splitter type thing that plugs into all the BT phone outlets and a sort of modem thingy, a BT Voyager 105 USB ADSL to be precise. So what do I need to purchase when I buy the Laptop, please & thank you.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2005, 01:26 PM
i didnt buy a router . i have my x box live pc and lap top all running from my bb modem . my pc is on the usb x box and lap top run off the ethernet port i just got v a multi adapter . the x box and wireless thingy are in the multi inthe ethernet easy peasey .. all worked right off with no peeing about
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Err, what’s a router, I have what came when I signed onto broadband, a splitter type thing that plugs into all the BT phone outlets and a sort of modem thingy, a BT Voyager 105 USB ADSL to be precise. So what do I need to purchase when I buy the Laptop, please & thank you.
looks like you need a few things the first picture is i assume your modem ?
in that modem i don`t think it would be possible to connect what you need as Graeme says an access point you need a router the best thing and easiest is a modem router wireless as the picture shown it has modem router and wireless all in one that is th USrobotecs easy connect i have the same simple and good