Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 09:27 AM

Ordering glasses on line?

Glasses to see through not drink from that is!
Has anyone done it?
Wondering if it would be cheaper than buying a new pair in a shop.
If anyone has any recommendations of a good site to order from that would be great.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Wouldn't do it personally. I always like to try them on and get them adjusted if needed. Means is there is a defect much easier to replace or exchange etc.
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2012, 10:39 AM
i ordered a pair from this website as a spare pair

http://www.selectspecs.com/

they were quick to send them out, and when i broke them after two months were happy to replace them for me. when it's time to get a new prescription i'll happy order again from them
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I understand where you are coming from.
Problem is I ordered a new pair of glasses recently and as short of cash got full rimmed ones. Normally I have half rim ones and am hating the new full rim ones.
Asked if there is any chance of changing them and they can't, as there is nothing actually wrong with the glasses.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm sure in about the last fortnight I've read a Daily Mail review of various different sites to do this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...good-look.html - was mainly looking at varifocals but might be some use - if only as to who to avoid? (Avoid Asda opticians - my specs are increasing proportions of superglue and dwindling amounts of specs!)
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 09:28 PM
I had a friend who had to wear glasses all the time as she had very poor eyesight & her eyes were too bad for contact lenses. She absolutely swore by buying them online (I think from selectspecs as I recognise that website) as she said it was cheaper & you had a better choice. Obviously you have to continue to get your prescription checked & make sure you're buying the right prescription etc. but otherwise it's great!

Plus she said she sometimes used to try on specific brands in places such as specsavers & vision express to see which ones were comfy/looked good, then sneakily find them online for a cheaper price.. Not that I'm suggesting you do such a thing, of course
wonderlandtm
New Member!
Male 

09-10-2012, 02:10 AM
I have been very happy with Zenni Optical. They have thousands of frames to choose from with virtual tryon and 360 degree viewer. All the frames and lenses I had carefully selected have been absolutely excellent. Can’t beat the price for the quality. Since I became aware of Zenni Optical I've been able to buy glasses much more frequently.
annecini
New Member!
Female 

10-10-2012, 03:57 AM
+1 for Zenni Optical. My sis referred this site to me, she had ordered many cute styles from them. I shopped for myself last month. I liked how I could upload a picture and "try on" different styles. I was surprised at how affordable some really great frames are. I picked two pairs for $45. Love my new glasses and am ready to order a 3rd pair.