Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 06:33 AM

Exclusions

Have claimed once for Merlin as he has sondylosis on his lumber spine (one vertebrae).

He is with Healthy Pets and theyve been utter useless. I have put him on to Petplan and none of the documents came through in the 14 day cancellation period so I asked for more yesterday.

Post arrived and petplan have sent "updated" documents. They have excluded anything to do with:

back, spine, neck, pelvic disorders...

So, my question is: any ideas why they havent just excluded spondylosis as this is the problem? Any why exclude neck and pelvic disorders?

Im going to ring them up today as Im very confused and Im thinking they wont cover hardly anything...I could understand if they had said sponylosis and arthritis but they havent...hmmm...serves me right for not going with Petplan in the 1st instance...oh well lesson learnt!!!!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 08:22 AM
With katie & i changed she had recurrent cystitis so they excluded anything to do with urinary tract - of course she has since been diagnosed with renal disease & of course isnt covered. Its a cut out clause from their point of view in "caseof" & Katie is example. It happens when you change mid cycle.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 08:36 AM
I did argue the point once when they excluded one front leg after a bad cut. I won that one but I think I was lucky.

You could try.

rune
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks for your help Velvet boxers and Rune...

Have just rung PP up and they were really helpful and spoke to their underwriters to clarify things e.g lumps on back etc...

They have said "If your Vet says "X" isn't anything to do with spondylosis then it is very likely to be covered" (they cant confirm anything over the phone)... they have put neck and pelvic area because the spondylosis could cause problems in those areas at a later date...

I feel much better now and know I will need to pay up If he gets arthritis and that's not a problem. So at least he is now covered by a decent insurance!!

Thanks once again!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Get it in writing!

rune
kitla
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-06-2011, 07:46 AM
I had this problem with Animal Friends, who because Toffee
had a small lipoma (harmless fatty lump under skin) excluded
all cysts, tumours, lumps of any sort - but only told me this after I claimed for removal of a small tumour. The vets letter did not change their minds. They even exc anything to do with one hip cos she'd had a limp one day which the vet checked out for me.
I refuse to take out any more insurance unless I get a proper list of exclusions (in writing) before I pay, I've tried
a few, I offered to send a print of her records, but they will
only look at this if I make a claim.!!
I wonder if the exclusions vary according their financial situation at the time.