View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Now that one looks like the new one I bought today, it doesn't have the underneath bit, the dog steps into BOTH sides, unlike the one I use where Zena just has to put ONE foot through, same as the link Jackie has put up for me the one I use now. What ones are yours please Mich??? I like the look of those, they look comfy, safe and secure plus they're nice and wide too? p.s. do the doglets come with these please????!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 08:47 PM
mine are from snuggle Pets

http://www.snugglepets.co.uk/index.p...459043ecfc23a9
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 09:53 AM
I got this fleece 1 from dog-games for Teagan, they fitted it at a show, she had to have 1 part small and 1 part medium, so it fitted her properly, they took their time to make sure it was right for her. It unclips both sides, so the dog doesn't have to step into it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks for all your help, I've ordered a fleece harness, a normal harness the same as yours Mich, and I've also ordered a fleece collar for training! Hopefully they'll all fit and serve their purpose, so thanks for all this helpful advice and links!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
I have just bought my two fleece harness's they are great very lightweight, and because they are fleece lined right round, they are very comfy and no chaffing at all definitely the best harness i have tried
You can get them at Dog-Games.co.uk
Jann
I use one of these from Dog games too they are soft and comfy and easy to put on without getting into a tangle and can be washed and dried really quickly.

Zak the puppy I puppysit has a different kind of harness and it takes me half an hour to put it on ...
Ceefer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Someone advised me of one that the lead attaches to the front to stop the dog from pulling but I cant for the life of me remember what its called. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Ceefer, would that be the martingale collar I think????! We mentioned it the other day, somebody put up a thread and asked where he could get one I think? Check it out, maybe google the martingale collar for dogs?
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Ceefer View Post
Someone advised me of one that the lead attaches to the front to stop the dog from pulling but I cant for the life of me remember what its called. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
You might be thinking of the Gentle Leader Easy walk Harness... I have one for Ben, and it's terrific..

http://www.petsplus.com.au/pet-shop.asp?id=1060
Ceefer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2009, 10:28 AM
This was definatley a harness that goes around the body - argghh I could kick myself for not putting the web adress in my favourites. Someone put up a link to show it and it went over the body and chest but the lead clipped on the front.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Although that clippy on the front one sounds good, I would be loathe to use it on a younger dog quite honestly, for fear of them trying to walk sideways and damaging muscles/joints perhaps? Far better to get them trained to walk properly on a lead maybe at training classes than to try and stop any pulling by using a front clip on lead? Even better to just let them off like I do, which I know sometimes you can't, but you could be creating more problems by trying to stop them pulling in this way. That's just my own personal opinion of something like that of course, coz I can see the dog trying to compensate and damaging itself in some way or another, I could be wrong, but I'm just picturing it in my head with my pup!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >