Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
If you can convince me which job, which experience and how many children it takes to be able to rationally consider social issues I might consider answering you but at the moment I consider it irrelevent.
oh ok so now you are saying that i can't think rationally about social issues are you??
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Interesting thread....

I think that it all stems from our goody goody liberal society thats been created... No discipline in schools etc and no rights for the victims of crime...Yet a shedload for the criminals.... It's all about these poor criminals, because they were brought up in a poor area, or because they had a hard childhood blah blah blah.. excuses.. while Joe Blogs gets hassled with the full force of the law if he tries to protect his family/home etc... Police are too busy chasing motorists.. Governments too busy banning things .... and if we are lucky enough to see the criminals behind bars.. it's all play stations and perks... oh and let out early for good behaviour... And a nice smart lawyer to help them sue because the poor souls had to slop out... or because they couldn't vote..... Catching my drift here.......

Smacked bum when kids misbehave... proper discipline in schools... hard labour for prisoners, with time added for bad bahaviour (as opposed to time off for "good") Proper policing and proper law and order....... and maybe then I'll leave it to the authorities... But for now... I'll take care of my own and my families safety...and if the authorities want to lock me up for it.... well theres always the play station at lockdown time eh... hey, might even get internet and stay on Dogsey all day
I agree Ian. I'd love to see bobbies on the beat. In my dad's day they actually had truant officers.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
pmsl ian!!!
we can always count on you to lighten the mood can't we!!
I'm deadly serious Back to basics.. stop messing about with our kids discipline.. THATS where it's all gone wrong IMO
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
oh ok so now you are saying that i can't think rationally about social issues are you??
I said nothing of the sort. Read it again, I am responding concerning my fitness to comment on the subject not yours.
I can't be bothered with personal stuff if you have a comment about sociology, the justice system etc I have happy to engage in it and debate these issues but I can't see the benefit of these sorts of posts to anyone else reading them.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:13 PM
It seems to have been a very sad history but she has left him now so I'm sure if you keep the police informed of any threats they will take action. If you feel they are not taking it seriously you have other courses to take via the police complaints procedures or as has been suggested through your MP. Whatever course of action you take responding with even more violence is definately not going to benefit your daughter.
if the police do not want to help then i,m afraid i will take it into my own hands
and will take whatever punishment is dealt to me

i brought my kids in the world to protect them no matter what and that is what i will do

i owe that to my daughter

if after 6 years we have got no where then it ain,t all gonna change overnite is it??

the guy needs stopping before he does something i cannot repair
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 05:14 PM
as some of you already know i work in the legal sector, i deal with criminal cases ever day, drug related, abh,gbh, intent etc etc etc i know hoew the system works from police station up to sentencing.
honestly like sams situtation the police cant act unless a threat has been carried out, as a parent in jackies situtation seeing her daughter going through so much and nothing being done to deal with it, i would do what ever i had to to protect my daughter.
i could end up in court with a gbh case and most dont get passed magistrates, who can give a max of 1 yr.
so weighting up a ....... making my daughters life a living hell to the degree she contemplates ending it to sorting him out and getting a yr inside i would take it, to stop it once and for all for my daughters sake.
you seem to know a reasonable amount about the law i wonder if you work within it as you have a lot of faith in the system.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Interesting thread....

I think that it all stems from our goody goody liberal society thats been created... No discipline in schools etc and no rights for the victims of crime...Yet a shedload for the criminals.... It's all about these poor criminals, because they were brought up in a poor area, or because they had a hard childhood blah blah blah.. excuses.. while Joe Blogs gets hassled with the full force of the law if he tries to protect his family/home etc... Police are too busy chasing motorists.. Governments too busy banning things .... and if we are lucky enough to see the criminals behind bars.. it's all play stations and perks... oh and let out early for good behaviour... And a nice smart lawyer to help them sue because the poor souls had to slop out... or because they couldn't vote..... Catching my drift here.......

Smacked bum when kids misbehave... proper discipline in schools... hard labour for prisoners, with time added for bad bahaviour (as opposed to time off for "good") Proper policing and proper law and order....... and maybe then I'll leave it to the authorities... But for now... I'll take care of my own and my families safety...and if the authorities want to lock me up for it.... well theres always the play station at lockdown time eh... hey, might even get internet and stay on Dogsey all day
I agree with a lot of what you are saying Ian. I would like to see children reared with a lot more respect for other people and I do beleive in appropriate punishment for misbehaviour but it goes without saying that I do not agree with taking the law into our own hands because of any dissatisfaction with it :smt001 After all what sort of an example is that to set the next generation
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=leo;984112] as a parent in jackies situtation seeing her daughter going through so much and nothing being done to deal with it, i would do what ever i had to to protect my daughter.
i could end up in court with a gbh case and most dont get passed magistrates, who can give a max of 1 yr.
so weighting up a ....... making my daughters life a living hell to the degree she contemplates ending it to sorting him out and getting a yr inside i would take it, to stop it once and for all for my daughters sake.
QUOTE]

I'd start a 'free Leo' campaign
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 05:18 PM
I agree with a lot of what you are saying Ian. I would like to see children reared with a lot more respect for other people and I do beleive in appropriate punishment for misbehaviour but it goes without saying that I do not agree with taking the law into our own hands because of any dissatisfaction with it :smt001 After all what sort of an example is that to set the next generation
And I agree we shouldn't have to..... but needs must... my kids safety would win over everytime.. and if that meant me going to the hotel over the water (oops I mean jail) then fine bring it on... In an ideal world I'd agree with every word your saying... unfortunately though our less than ideal world requires you to speed or jump a red light in order to be sure of police presense......
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Thank you for that Leo

yes i would be prepared to go to prison if it stopped him doing these things to my daughter
wenn i went to see her at the weekend i suggested we went shopping and she was even too scared to do that incase she bumped into him
i would have loved to
she shops miles away from where she lives for fear of seeing him
people cannot live like that

Originally Posted by leo View Post
as some of you already know i work in the legal sector, i deal with criminal cases ever day, drug related, abh,gbh, intent etc etc etc i know hoew the system works from police station up to sentencing.
honestly like sams situtation the police cant act unless a threat has been carried out, as a parent in jackies situtation seeing her daughter going through so much and nothing being done to deal with it, i would do what ever i had to to protect my daughter.
you seem to know a reasonable amount about the law i wonder if you work within it as you have a lot of faith in the system.
Page 6 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »