Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Jackie,
I'm so sorry to read about whats happened.
I'm glad to hear your daughter is on the road to recovery.

As a Parent myself i understand exactly where your coming from,

The Police in my opinion are next to useless,we were the victim of one sad individual last year,who stuck nasty letters to our windows,threw curry all over our car and then threw a brick through my rear window on the car.
He made threats against my husband myself and our children,two weeks before this he was warned because he threatned neighbours with a meat cleaver.

Advice from the police to us was keep yourself locked in the house while he was free to keep intimidating us,justice,i'm afraid there is none in this country it stinks!
Thank you Sal

omg what a awful time you have had too

it seems to me that this is widespread and this is why there is so much violence in society because the police just do not want to get involved so people end up taking it into their own hands
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
If it was my child I would do the same as I am urging Jackiew to do.
I could get equally angry with peoples hotheaded responses but the fact is having a different view of how things should be handled does not mean you care any differently or don't have the same desire for peoples lives to be better.

So Hewey could you tell me how you would deal with it
if the police didn,t wanna know for the last 6 years and it was still going on?
i,m interested because if i can find a way without violence of course i would like to use it
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 03:09 PM
I would continue to talk to the police. I would also encourage my daughter to take the advise offered to her.
Niknak
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-04-2007, 03:12 PM
For all those of you that have had to endure violence of one kind or another I truely am sorry for you and hope that if your troubles haven't already come to an end that they soon will and that you get the support that you truely deserve.
I still don't believe that violence is an end to violence that those that you are trying to support would be worse off if you were behind bars - it's always those who don't deserve it that get caught and end up paying the price - you only have to look at the case of the farmer who shot a burglar and ended up behind bars - that's the way it is and was seen.
Have those of you that need supprt tried your local mp?It's worth a try if nothing else.
I hope that all those that do bad unto others will get what they deserve!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
I would continue to talk to the police. I would also encourage my daughter to take the advise offered to her.
Hewey my daughter took the polices advice
she left him before xmas

and after six years of talking i doubt they will do anything until it is too late now
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 03:31 PM
It seems to have been a very sad history but she has left him now so I'm sure if you keep the police informed of any threats they will take action. If you feel they are not taking it seriously you have other courses to take via the police complaints procedures or as has been suggested through your MP. Whatever course of action you take responding with even more violence is definately not going to benefit your daughter.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 03:42 PM
hewey,

what is it that you do for a job?

how many times have you kept the police informed about an act of violence? what was the outcome?

do you have children?
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
hewey,

what is it that you do for a job?

how many times have you kept the police informed about an act of violence? what was the outcome?

do you have children?
Why would my personal circumstances have to do with anything? Whatever job I had, whatever violence I had suffered, whatever loved ones I have does not affect the basic concept that society is better run with a police force and a justice system than people going it alone and responding to crime with anything other than immediate self defence measures.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 04:18 PM
This is a very interesting thread!

If I had to protect myself or my family or friends, I would not hesitate to resort to violence to protect them.

We have lived in very dodgy areas, where the police didn't like to come out. We had a notorious, well known drug dealer living across the road from us, and reported him numerous times without anything ever been done. We also had our car broken into right outside our house, by a friend of a family 2 doors up from us. The police came, gave us a crime number and that was it. We never heard from them again.

Luckily we now live in the countryside, in a much nicer area, so don't have those sorts of problems anymore.

I'd never stick my oar in someone else's fight, as people have said; you don't know if they are armed etc and if you'll end up beaten up for it.

I'd be arrested/go to court/to prison without hesitation for any member of my family if my actions had kept them safe.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your situation Jackie, I had no idea and I fully understand your feelings.

I have to say that the police in this area are useless. They're far too busy, I presume, standing in roads behind their speed cameras than responding to repeated requests to come and deal with yobs around here. Needless to say this has resulted in some of my neighbours becoming defensive and aggressive back.

Unless one is born of Spock, I think it only fair to say that most of us can snap given enough provocation. I've recently seen my elderly neighbour, having been plagued by the ignorance and stupidity of young people around here wrt his property, decide to go after them. He is neither a fit nor a well man and I could see a possible heart attack resulting.

I would defend my daughter and my other family members with my life.
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »