Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Dont care for them.

What I disagree with is they are banned from holding rallys and attending events becuase of what they stand for, yet preachers of hate from other areas of society can spout crap in public and are given a police gaurd.
I know mate

Alex Salmond (SNP) has been getting away with it for years.

(runs for cover)
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I just wanted to have my say about foreign worekers in the NHS. I work with many, many asian, indian etc etc nurses and doctors and I have to say, without them the NHS would've collapsed a long time ago. The majority of these "foreigners" are incredibly hard working people who are amazingly polite and care a great deal for the people they look after. Yes there can be a language barrier at times, but with the way this government mis-manages it's business I'm just greatful we have these immigrants to keep the NHS running. Please don't believe everything you hear on the TV/read in the paper. They only ever paint the picture that sells the most!
I think the language barrier is a big cause of peoples moaning, I know it is for me. As someone who has spent to much time in hospitals of late that my main gripe the last time I was there he even had an unoffical interpreter. I just think there should be some language test for people working with the public like that, more so in the health sector as a miss-heard/pronuced word/s could cause major problems. But thats not just foreign docs and nurses as there is many people who a english cant speak the queens.

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I know mate

Alex Salmond (SNP) has been getting away with it for years.

(runs for cover)
Is he the tit who turned upto fat diegos press meeting with a photo from 86 to sign.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 07:59 AM
The BNP are not just for the "British" they are for "WHITE British"

My daughter is fully British but she is not white, so what happens to her???

Vote BNP??? not now, not ever!

I dont agree that immigrants should come here and sit in a nice house on benefits but there are plenty of "white British" that do it too.

Isnt there enough hate in this world?
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 08:43 AM
people who come here with a trade/degree whatever from another country - whether they are black/white/pink purple - whatever..! - and WORK -brilliant... all for that

im moaning about the people that come here and dont work

the reason why i would vote the BNP is because they are the only people who have the balls to say get rid of the lowlives who come here - take our taxpayers money and sit on their lazy ar5es..!!!! thats what i have a problem with...!!

if this immigration thing (and other things)wasnt a problem - i wouldnt vote the BNP ....
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
I have a very good Muslim friend who's family came here to escpae the war in Lebanon. She works hard, she doesn't push her religion on anyone, and she is a fantastic, kind, generous and good natured person; as far as I'm concerned I'd rather have 10 million more of her in this country than our "White British" louts! Hell, I'd live in a country full to the top of Muslims or Sikhs or any other ethnic minorities if they were all like her! People are people, you get good ones and bad ones, and it's grossly unfair to say that it's the immigrants who are the problem when they take many of the crappy, labour intensive low paid jobs and we still have our good old British lager louts hanging round on street corners and mugging old ladies in their thousands. I agree that we need stricter immigration laws to prevent people taking the p*ss, but we are in just as much need for stricter laws against people like my next door neighbours who don't go to work because they can't be bothered and pop out loads of kids to be fed by the taxpayer! The BNP are vile imo and I'd never, ever support them (you're all entitled to your opinion of course )
Well said you! And I also totally agree with all that Joedee has said.
I fail to understand what it is that those who worry about the (white? Christian?) British population becoming a minority are so frightened of. As has already been said we have always been a nation of immigrants.
The BNP feed on small mindedness and paranoia.
I loathe them and all they stand for.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:01 AM
BNP are linked strongly with combat 18 a good enough reason for any reasonable person to not join them IMO.

I also worry by giving permission for people to discriminate against people of "foreign" decent what happens next ? once we have rid of them who next ? Fat people, single parents, ginger haired people, gypsies or dog owners ?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I agree that every country has to think about its immigration policy
But as many of our skilled workers are emmagrating to sunnier climes and our lazy ar$$es chaves think manual work is below them then we do need some hard workers in the country - and of course us as every other nation has a responsability to help people truly in need

Anyway the BNP dont just want to cut immigration they want to 'send back' every person of colour no matter whether they are many generations brittish born and bred

that is racest and unacceptable and NO right minded person should support something like that

Considering that it was not just last century that people from other cultures came over here and we have actually had slaves and stuff over here some of which were freed and joind the main population 100's of years ago it is more than likely that a chunk of the racests (sorry BNP supporters) actually have african blood in them - and of course should be sent back to where they belong

anyone who supports the BNP take a really good look at the colour of your skin, and investigate your family tree for many generations to find out where you will be sent back to

cos there is no way you are 100% brittish all the way back
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
people who come here with a trade/degree whatever from another country - whether they are black/white/pink purple - whatever..! - and WORK -brilliant... all for that

im moaning about the people that come here and dont work

the reason why i would vote the BNP is because they are the only people who have the balls to say get rid of the lowlives who come here - take our taxpayers money and sit on their lazy ar5es..!!!! thats what i have a problem with...!!

if this immigration thing (and other things)wasnt a problem - i wouldnt vote the BNP ....
So you would vote for a party irrespective of the fact they actively abuse non white British Working people(ie assault non white Britsh born NHS staff, defile non Christian cemetaries where British born people are buried, that the preach racism)just to stop alleged benefit "cheats"? You cannot separate out one policy & forget the rest, they are ALL part & parcel of the BNP

And do you forget the white christian lazy lowlifes born & bred for generations in GB who live on benefits all their lives from birth to death ???????? Believe me they far outnumber the migrants that do so.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
We were talking about this at college today and one of my classmates was outraged that police can't be members of the BNP.

I don't like the BNP but it does seem to me that you can't have a democracy and freedom of speech on one hand then say 'But you can't be a member of this one political party' on the other.
Love them or hate them, the fact is they are gaining in their support daily...

They are winning more and more seats throughout the country.

I know this has happened her with our council.

A Lot of what they stand for is 100% abhorrent to all...but the way our country is going , things need to change, and I guess people must feel the same or otherwise no one would vote for them....other than their hard liners.

On the other note, that has been in the news this week concerning them.

Whatever your view on them, they are a LEGAL political party...and as such have a right to a view, and no one should be hounded out from a job because they belong to any LEGAL party.

I cant understand how the police and other factors can get away with banning any of theIR staff from belonging to any legal party.

When we allow, that one eyed one, armed radical hate preacher , to spout his hatred of the west, pay him benefits and allow him to go about on his merry way... then on the other hand we condemn people for belonging to a legitimate political party....and be under threat of losing their jobs if they are found to be a member...

Where is the logic in this... and this is why they are gaining support... from normal law abiding people.

Sadly they do have an extreme hate related element, there in no doubt to that..but the fact remains.... unless the governing party see that change is needed, they will continue to gain more and more support.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I see your point but they do seem to say it as it is, I feel we are made to feel its wrong to say "proud to be white british" like its a dirty sentance.
I have friends from every walk of life and agree some things in the past they have done have riled me but as there policys stand in that list make much better reading than the other partys.

I believe the BNP are a racist organisation and i would not be happy to see police etc on the list as i feel it would be a conflict of interests.

It is not racist to be proud of you who are, as long as you are accepting and respectful of other people. I beleive the tabloid papers have a lot to blaime for raising this idea that it is racist to be proud to be white and British......... that idea just riles people.

Being proud of who you are does not mean that you have to put down others. "Normal" (i.e. not racist!) British people (espeically English) should celebrate all that is good about English culture...IMO, and enjoy celebrating it without doing down other people who are different to themselves. I say especially English as the Welsh, Scottish and Irish seem to have managed to keep their sence of identity.

Many of the stupid over publicised headlines that you read about, for example, schools not celebrating certain christian festivals anymore, are usually wrongly reported and also stem from a misunderstanding of what racism is.

I have always been passionate about the subject and my dissertation was about racism and responces to racism in schools. It was really interesting research to do and one of the problems seemed to be that people were under this misunderstanding that you couldn't celebrate anything if you were white, and particularly if you were English. This feeling then seems to breed contempt....so because people were loosing their own identity they start attacting members of society who have a strong identity. There was also this odd assumption that only white people could be racist. Another odd thing is that people seemed to struggle with what to call people who weren't white.......and a lot of the time their sentances faded away when faced with what to call someone or they used words like "coloured", "them" and "those"!! I would be offended if i was refered to with any of those terms. I think people who genuinly like people and are not harbouring racist grudges are open with other people and people recognise this and are happy to answer questions from people who are geniunly interested and respectful.

I, unfortunately, have worked with many rasict people, which i find appauling, especially as i have worked for years in the Early Years Care and Education sector. I will not tollerate racism and challenging it has made me unpopular many times, but, it has also opened people's eyes and turned some people's views around. People are individuals and should be treated as such.

I beleive education and respect is the answer. One of the stupidest thing i ever saw was a programe about a member of the BNP, he was canvasing outside a shop when his daughter came to see him with her new boyfriend. This boyfriend obviously had some afro/carribean descendents, but the girlfriend didn't draw her dad's attention to this. The boyfriend was polite and respectful and when they left the dad was saying what a nice boy he was and it made a difference from her usual boyfriends. The intervewer then raised the issue of the boys ethnicity.....and the dad was shocked, he really thought/assumed he was white with a suntan. he didn't know what to say, said things like "really? oh i will have to ask her, is he really one of them".

This man who was campainging to return his neighbourhood to a white neighbourhood didn't even know who he was fighting against, and when faced with a nice boy, only saw the nice boy and not the colour of his skin......now if that man could only have his education or other people taken further he had the potential to become a tollerant giving member of society insted of fighting to remove anyone who wasn't like him from his neighbourhood.
Page 6 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »