Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2006, 08:49 PM

agility comps/ need a name

dont know if this belongs here or in general...but ill put it here...

im hoping to do agility with rose in the future -probs start going to a club sometime between july and september- if rose likes it and we are good at it etc. i might think about competing.
For the majority of comps in scotland do the dogs need to be KC registered??

If they do then i need a name for rose... ideas anyone??... we've thought about names before just cant come up with any good ones lol
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Taking a few letters from each of your names and adding a bit to Rose, how about :

Rosebud of Anjac

[ My braincell conjured up the idea of Rose budding into an adult girly in training, owned by Megan and Jackie ]

I think it sounds cool and a bit exotic but thats my braincell for you :smt001

She would need to be registered to enter any KC shows, yes [ forgot to answer that bit hence the edit lol ]
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2006, 10:15 PM
thanks patch thats quite a good idea...will run it past my mum
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2006, 10:07 AM
How about one based on your dogs character. Frantic Franny, Jimmy Jumper something like that?
Becky
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2006, 10:39 AM
You would need to register the dog with the name at the KC to compete in KC agility competitions. Once you've found a club you like to train at, I'm sure people there will help you with it. You can find information on the Kennel Club website. Enjoy it, it's addictive but great fun for you and the dog
princessjane23
New Member!
Female 

22-02-2007, 08:38 PM
i am starting take my dogs agility training soon as they r really good at it, is there competitions just for agility? becos i can't show my dogs properly because they have been done. so can they enter agility comps? i live in sheffield where would i find any?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by princessjane23 View Post
i am starting take my dogs agility training soon as they r really good at it, is there competitions just for agility? becos i can't show my dogs properly because they have been done. so can they enter agility comps? i live in sheffield where would i find any?
Hi there, yes there are agility only competitions all around the country, the majority being from Easter to about September but there are some all year round here and there.

The best source to find shows in here :

http://www.agilitynet.com/schedules/schedules.asp

Its constantly updated so do keep checking regularly. Most agility people have the site bookmarked as its the best source of everything agility for the UK

If there is anything we can help you with, please dont hesitate to post a thread, and we`d love to see lots of pics of your dogs training
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 09:11 AM
my dog is kc reg so would i have to register again for comps or just use his kc name KNIGHTBRAMBLE. i get so confused...lol
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:19 AM
How about Kiss from a Rose!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
my dog is kc reg so would i have to register again for comps or just use his kc name KNIGHTBRAMBLE. i get so confused...lol

No you don`t need to register again, you just use his already registered KC name :smt001
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >