Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-08-2013, 10:43 AM

You know those times...

...when your beloved dog decides to do his/her version of a road kill? Across a doorway [especially in front of the loo when you are desperate], in front of the refrigerator, in other words, in your bdooly way?

And they lay there. Sorry, cannot move.

What do you say to them? No swearing please.

Which now counts me out as Pereg isnores "zuuzz", ignores "shift", ignores "excuse me please" - and ignores "get outta da way ya Booga or I will run you over".

Road kill. She has flonked down like road kill and expects me to fly over her.

Little Booga.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Come on Molls up and shift yourself, she then looks at me and slowly gets to her feet and ambles away.

Betty doesn't lay down often so far haven't needed to move her on, think she would be easily moved though just say lets play and she is up and dashing around with toys and socks !
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Pepe (big standard poodle) specializes in that. He lies across the hallway, and my husband, who walks with a stick, can't get past. (my son and I just step over him, and the other dogs just jump over.) My husband gets more and more annoyed, and the more annoyed he gets the more Pepe is anxious to please - so rolls over and shows his belly. This can go on for some time - my husband shouting 'Move' and Pepe desperately rolling over to appease him. Normally my son or I will come to the rescue with the magic word 'biscuit' and then he'll get up.

Of course, if he has a biscuit the other two have to have one too - sometimes I wonder if it's all part of a cunning plan.
pamela81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Barney generally tends to ignore you unless you let your feet gently touch his side (no kicks, just walking close enough to him that your feet just touch and no more) then he gets the message!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

16-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Lol I just tell them to shift or move but have the advantage of being able to step over, of course until they decide to get up when you're astride them . The pugs have a habit of running around your ankles when you're in a hurry, I've nearly head butted the cistern a couple of times.
Meg
Supervisor

16-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Chloe never lays in doorways , oh no , that would be too easy
Instead she walks one pace in front of me verrrry slowly
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Pereg is not stupid. Pereg is too clever for her own good. Say "Sit" and she sits down. Say "Down" and she goes down. And gets up when she is told to get up.

But to her "Down" means going down on her side.

So what is with this road-kill flat out no wanna move go make me lark?

And how can a not really big dog take up so much room? Does it on the bed and does it blocking everywhere I want to go...

...unless, like now, she is flonked beside my chair and oh dear if I want to move, the Look appears.

Because Pereg knows who is de Boss in dis place.

Innit.
IceCody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Pepe (big standard poodle) specializes in that. He lies across the hallway, and my husband, who walks with a stick, can't get past. (my son and I just step over him, and the other dogs just jump over.) My husband gets more and more annoyed, and the more annoyed he gets the more Pepe is anxious to please - so rolls over and shows his belly. This can go on for some time - my husband shouting 'Move' and Pepe desperately rolling over to appease him. Normally my son or I will come to the rescue with the magic word 'biscuit' and then he'll get up.

Of course, if he has a biscuit the other two have to have one too - sometimes I wonder if it's all part of a cunning plan.

HAHAHA That last part made me laugh

The papillons dont really lay still if I´m moving. They have to be following me to see what fun we are going to do next.
But I did run into this with Cody and stepping over her was usually a bad idea. She would stand up while you were midway and knock you over

Thankfully she was pretty good at moving out of my way if I let my toes go underneath her or I would shuffle my feet while telling her to move. We had wood flooring so she would just slide on it.