Female 

17-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Except that they also sell puppies !!!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:08 PM
This statement interested me:

'If you can not get out to us and you would like to re-home a dog, or you have a dog for re-homing that needs collecting we do a Delivery & collection service. Please phone for details & prices'

Have I understood that correctly that if I wanted to rehome lets say the pug bitch at £450, do I just ring them and say I want to buy her, this is my credit card no, what day will she be delivered? I was under the impression that most rescues wanted to meet all members of the family before the dog would be placed with the family.

I looked at the info about rehoming your own dog, they ask for all details (understandably) and ideally they want a photo of your dog. Why?!?!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Hmmm...bit strange. Though they do state they are not a charity, but a 'family run' and funded business. I guess they could be genuine, I just don't understand the varying prices.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:13 PM
So they can put them up for sale on their website and one assumes to make sure they dont get any Uggos. No one wants to try and sell an ugly dog right? ... This place seems fishy if you ask me
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Do they call it a fee or a donation ??
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
It's all a fraud as they refer to a westie as a white west highland terrier!!
Becky
Is that not what a westie is, a west highland terrier?

Is it not about £150/£200 to rehome a dog from rescues anyway? I got Lana from the pound and the prices quoted were from £30 - £70. Most would be about £30 but if they had been speyed/neutred or were pedigree they would be £70. Lana was neither speyed or pedigree but cost £70.

If the usual rescue price is £150/£200 then Oak Tree are making on some and losing on others. Maybe it's no bad thing to charge more for pedigree than mutts as it reflects the prices in the real world although with prices being high I'm sure it stops lots of people who would be good owners from getting a dog in the first place.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
Is that not what a westie is, a west highland terrier?

Is it not about £150/£200 to rehome a dog from rescues anyway? I got Lana from the pound and the prices quoted were from £30 - £70. Most would be about £30 but if they had been speyed/neutred or were pedigree they would be £70. Lana was neither speyed or pedigree but cost £70.

If the usual rescue price is £150/£200 then Oak Tree are making on some and losing on others. Maybe it's no bad thing to charge more for pedigree than mutts as it reflects the prices in the real world although with prices being high I'm sure it stops lots of people who would be good owners from getting a dog in the first place.
Yes, a Westie is a West Highland Terrier, but they only come in white.

I think Dogs Trust is about £80 and I've seen rescues at about £150 but £450 seems very excessive! Also their sliding scale, the dogs seem to vary between £70 - £450 which seems odd.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Yes, a Westie is a West Highland Terrier, but they only come in white.
It's be fraud if they were calling it a black/grey/blue/whatever West Highland perhaps, but to call it a white one is just unnecessary facts, not really fraud.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 07:07 PM
First rescue I have seen with no Staffords or their crosses.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 07:11 PM
This place is not far from me, I may have to have a recce
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >