View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi Sal and I do agility - she adores it, I can't do llinks just type into the search engine "agilitynet" and the whole wide world of agility becomes obvious
It is great fun and you don't need to be fit - not a lot anyhow many of the poeple doing it for fun are people like me - podgy and over 40 .

You need basic obidence first - reasonable recall, and be able to have control over her - and a major point because of close contact with other dogs they need to be good around other dogs, barking does not matter in fact I think you could go deaf as you listen to some of the dogs as they go round.

There are if you fancy it - we have not got that far yet, there are ABC competitions stands for Anything But Collies.Because Collies seem to dominate. There are varying height restrictions for the dogs Mini Midi Maxi. You;ll see on the site. I am not experienced enough to explain we do it for fun.

Have also started well end of last year flyball too - it is great fun but where I go they only do it in summer as they don;t have - indoor facitilies.
It took a while for Sal to not kill every ball - now only 9 out of 10 tennis balls meet their death at her jaws.

You can;t start agility until the dog is over 1 I am reasonably sure but Sal was 18 months. Tess starts this Autumn - got to work on her "common sense first" she has a habit of daydreaming and I have visions of her forgetting she is supposed to be jumping or something.

Lots of clubs do a taster course and then a 6 week beginners trial. Great fun and lots of nice people.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Me and Luna might have a spot in an agility class after the summer holiday
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanx for that Kazz I'll have a look later.

Good luck J
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Thank you and you too

Its really a matter of someone deciding they wont come anymore.... so wont know anything till in august...
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 10:13 PM
go for it Nae you will have grat fun
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Jake does both flyball and agility and he loves both. Agility is good fun and great to watch go for it! and good luck
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Hi Staffy,
Toesy and Rio both used to do agility, Toesy did it a lot longer and he was getting quite good on certain objects. He especially liked the tunnel, so much so that he'd sometimes run past everything else just to run through it.
We haven't been for months, they was always something that got in the way such as shows, Rio's season and other things, So I thought it pointless shame though cos it was fun.

Mitch
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 09:43 AM
I did have a little agility thingy set up in the garden for Jas a few summer's ago with a tunnel, he used to get on quite well but as soon as he went into the tunnel he'd try and turn round in it needless to say he would get stuck, honestly no brains that dog
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 09:47 AM
LOL@Staffy
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 11:17 AM
how do u find out which clubs do agility?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >