Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 09:43 AM

I finally know who he is!!

Some complete **** who at christmas time tried to get a £1800 loan from someone addressed to my flat, well he didn't try, he got it, and know is trying to get some credit card to my flat now too, I was talking to someone today, and their friend knows him, which I'm glad of as I've been trying to get to know who he is for a long time, apparently he's quite nice, and not like this at all though .
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Some complete **** who at christmas time tried to get a £1800 loan from someone addressed to my flat, well he didn't try, he got it, and know is trying to get some credit card to my flat now too, I was talking to someone today, and their friend knows him, which I'm glad of as I've been trying to get to know who he is for a long time, apparently he's quite nice, and not like this at all though .
Are you going to go to the police?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Are you going to go to the police?
Just what I was going to ask!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 10:29 AM
No, I'll only ever get the police in if I need them, and for this, I don't, and besides even if I did want to call them it would prob make everything worse, it just wouldn't be worth it right now, but now I know who he is, I know where he lives and what he drives, that will prob be enough to put a stop to all this crap, as he's apparently good friends with this girl I was speaking to earlier, although it doesn't seem that she knows him as well as she thought she did.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-03-2011, 10:43 AM
No, I'll only ever get the police in if I need them, and for this, I don't, and besides even if I did want to call them it would prob make everything worse, it just wouldn't be worth it right now, but now I know who he is, I know where he lives and what he drives, that will prob be enough to put a stop to all this crap, as he's apparently good friends with this girl I was speaking to earlier, although it doesn't seem that she knows him as well as she thought she did.
How is knowing where he lives going to stop this bloke commiting fraud again.

You need to call the police and report "fraud"!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
How is knowing where he lives going to stop this bloke commiting fraud again.

You need to call the police and report "fraud"!
He only managed to do it to this one because he use to live here two years ago, and his bank still sends his statements through here so they still think he lives here, apparently he must have a good credit rating, but from what I heard today he does, I've been trying to find out who he is for a while, but no-one seemed to know, but today I found out, I'm not gonna call the police because I don't need them, and it would take a whole lot more before I even think that I need to call the police in, and if the companies who he got money from wants to do anything thats up to them.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Do you send his statements back? Cross out the address, write "No longer at this address, return to sender" and pop them back in the post - the bank will soon get the hint. Ditto to any paperwork for these loans etc, return to sender otherwise they won't know he no longer lives there. I've had to do it for the past couple of years when my brother moved out (as he was staying with various friends so had no forwarding address) and they eventually stopped writing and calling for him.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Do you send his statements back? Cross out the address, write "No longer at this address, return to sender" and pop them back in the post - the bank will soon get the hint.
I do, one comes through for him monthly, I've lived here a while now, and I've lost count of the amount of stuff that has come through for him from his bank, its all sent back the same day, but today it took the mic as I had the same envelope that I already wrote 'return to sender, not known at this address on' , it seems some places think that if they keep trying they will get a different response.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-03-2011, 11:10 AM
He only managed to do it to this one because he use to live here two years ago, and his bank still sends his statements through here so they still think he lives here, apparently he must have a good credit rating, but from what I heard today he does, I've been trying to find out who he is for a while, but no-one seemed to know, but today I found out, I'm not gonna call the police because I don't need them, and it would take a whole lot more before I even think that I need to call the police in, and if the companies who he got money from wants to do anything thats up to them.
Sorry , I am a littleconfused now, in the first post you said......

Some complete **** who at christmas time tried to get a £1800 loan from someone addressed to my flat, well he didn't try, he got it, and know is trying to get some credit card to my flat now too
Which I took to read he is using your home address to commit fraud,

But what you mean is he has simply not changed his address to his bank.

How do you know he is trying to get another loan, do you open his mail that comes to your flat.

If you dotn want this any more simply contact your post man, or and bank, and tell them he no longer lives there!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:17 AM
I opened the loan one, as it was different, it was new, and also because of the way it was you could see the address but not the name as it was above the little window in the envelope, then rang the company the same day, they said to send it all back with a letter explaining it, they will then sort it out from their end, I haven't opened up the vanquis visa letter, that was one that I wrote 'return to sender, not known at this address on', that one came back (I think to rub salt in the wounds, I tried to get one of them ages ago and was declined), I was going to send it again, but met Tammy and her friend before I got to the post box, so I gave it to the friend, she will sort it out, she tried to get hold of this guy to see what this was all about as I told her about the loan, but he didn't answer, tbh when I first moved in there was letters from companies with three names on, one female, but they all stopped, apart from his bank statements (I'm assuming that its them, because of when they come through) which even though are returned always come back next month, and receently the stuff with money I've not heard anything else, most of the envelopes before were bright orange, with holiday pics on, but after a few months they dried up.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >