Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 10:31 AM

Club Fun Agility Competition!

Well last week they told us that this weeks training session would be a fun agility competition.

Well yes Fun - but still competition - are we ready???

The course was a lovely straight up and down (thank goodness!) and our beginngers group were up first which we weren't sure a good thing or not!

Well the medium height doggies went first then it was Max's turn at full height - didn't get off to a good start as he missed the first jump - probably my nerves!!! But most of our group did that!

They relaxed the rules loads which was a good thing as think we all would have been eliminated and they did let us take treats in - necessary for the weaves at the mo!

Well MAX ONLY WENT AND CAME 2ND! He was a star - did want to do his course which as you may remember consists of dog walk and A-frame but I managed to keep him on track and aside from a couple of back jumps (not penalised for that) he did a super course.

A rather super lab came first!

What good fun it was and everyone just enjoys it no matter what happens! All in good spirits.

We were given a certificate soon and they took our picture for the club website!

No pics cos they didn't come out I did try though!!!

So my Setter aint just a daft setter !
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Well done Rachel and Max. A fantastic result
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2007, 10:32 AM
YAY well Done Max

Well Done Rach
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Well done Max and Rach, just goes to show there is a brain in there somewhere (no, not you Rach, I mean Max ) xxx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Well done Rachel and Max. A fantastic result
Originally Posted by leospride View Post
YAY well Done Max

Well Done Rach
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Well done Max and Rach, just goes to show there is a brain in there somewhere (no, not you Rach, I mean Max ) xxx
Many thanks ladies! Sheree - you are quite right - its usually me that gets the course wrong much to Max's disgust to glad I didn't let him down last night LOL!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeay, well done Max & Rachel :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 You must be so proud
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Well done you. Great news. We had our first intermediate class today and talk about changing directions!! I think as long as we can all have a giggle and our dogs enjoy it that is the main thing. the rosettes are a nice bonus though!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Yeay, well done Max & Rachel :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 You must be so proud
Thanks - yes really really proud of my boy!

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Well done you. Great news. We had our first intermediate class today and talk about changing directions!! I think as long as we can all have a giggle and our dogs enjoy it that is the main thing. the rosettes are a nice bonus though!
Thanks!

Oh yes a good giggle definitely! LOL - have you done pull throughs yet - still get in a pickle on those! Turn myself in circles!! Max thinks I'm a nutcase most of the time the worse thing is remembering the course for me! So pleased it was a straightforward course last night
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 04:08 PM
And there was you thinking you`d need luck

Well done to you and Max

If I may, I`d like to offer you one of Patch`s Priority Rules
Always remember how good the whole thing felt, the fun of it, then if you go on to compete `proper`, always always take the exact same spirit into the ring with you then no matter what happens, you`ll leave the ring every time as happy as you feel right now

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience with us :smt058

And get your camera sorted out for next time :smt005
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
And there was you thinking you`d need luck

Well done to you and Max

If I may, I`d like to offer you one of Patch`s Priority Rules
Always remember how good the whole thing felt, the fun of it, then if you go on to compete `proper`, always always take the exact same spirit into the ring with you then no matter what happens, you`ll leave the ring every time as happy as you feel right now

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience with us :smt058

And get your camera sorted out for next time :smt005
Thanks so match Patch - and thanks for the help on Sunday - they relaxed the rules totally - think the hand out was a for info kind of thing only - useful points though for the future!

I so hope I never take it seriously - I just love him having fun - which he soo soo does! And if Max is having fun so am I Everyone was really not one serious face there which was great!

At the end they said how many of you fancy competing (only two people put there hand up) - we aren't quite ready for that yet LOL! but who knows - never say never I did it yonks ago with my Irish!

Well if I'm honest camera was fine slight problem with the photographer - always caught the shot too late - not the best digital camera in the world so have to snap about 1 min (well I exaggerate) before you want the shot! LOL

Thanks again Patch - you have been a valuable help whenever I need it!