Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 03:34 AM

Activities Register Query !!

I was tonight looking through the BRS for the last quarter of 2007, and thought I would look through the Activities Register, which I don't normally do.

I understand that someone with a purebreed without papers or a crossbreed or mongrel can register their dog on this register for Agility etc. I also understand that some farmers and people with strong working lines dont KC reg dogs, but register whole litters on this register, which is also for rare/unrecognised breeds too.............. however I saw a list of 42 dogs ALL with the same Affix and same owner, who registered these 42 crossbreeds on the register !

Surely this isn't a farmer with strong working lines, registering 42 dogs as they wouldnt be crossbreeds, and who else would possibly want to register 42 crossbreeds at once ?

I'm confused ! Am I missing something, or is there another reason some dogs are registerd this way, or do clubs 'mass' register groups of dogs attending and give them the 'club's assumed affix, or similar ? (if that's possible !)

Someone please enlighten me
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi have seen first cross pups (we know the ones ,theones usually more expensive thanpurebreds) being advertised as KC reg. I have a feeling its possibly another ploy to extract money out of a lot of gullible people.But I do know of 1st cross pups that were reg,on the activity reg but they were all going into working homes.
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
I have a feeling its possibly another ploy to extract money out of a lot of gullible people.
Yes, I agree in the circumstances given above, this can be the only likely reason. To trick new puppy buyers into believing their puppy is on a breed register.

Lets face it, most of us take for granted that the phrase ''KC Reg'' means the breed register. Only someone with alot more savvy than the mainstream pet buyer would even think to check which register the pup was on.

Dawn R.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 08:42 AM
I reckon these are people who breed oodles. The KC wont accept any name other than crossbreed for crosses so they can't register them as labradoodles and cockapoos. I suppose it depends how you look at it. If they were truely establishing a new breed then maintaining some sort of KC registration right back to the original stock is probably a good thing but 42 pups in one quarter is not good!
Becky

ETA found them on the net, they are Labradoodle Breeders!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Here is their ad, not nice reading especially the bit about we breed two litters then dump our bitches onto someone else (well they didn't put it that way)

We specialize in chocolate labradoodles, F1`s and multi generation. We use female Labradors and male Standard Poodles, for the F`1s, with our aim to produce strong, good sized healthy, happy family dogs as companions.
We have a selection of F1 Labradoodle puppies available now, or our next litter is expected in the spring time, reservations can now been taken.

We also have out own home bred Labradoodles here, girls and boys, who you are welcome to meet, all at various stages of maturity.

We only use our own stock to breed from, all of whom are here to be viewed. We also only breed 2 litters from our girls, who are then spayed and rehomed, so sometimes we have older girls available.

We will also be offering our stud dogs for use in the spring, strict health checks apply to any enquiries, but I am happy to discuss details.

There is loads of information to give you, so feel free to ask via e-mail or telephone, and I will get back to you promptly.

Thank-you,

Becky
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
. I also understand that some farmers and people with strong working lines dont KC reg dogs, but register whole litters on this register, which is also for rare/unrecognised breeds too

I think that unrecognised breeds have to be listed as cross breeds on the working reg ...
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 09:32 AM
i was under the impression that you couldnt reg litters on the Activitys reg, but only indiv dogs
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 09:52 AM
The litter i knew about were all reg in new owners names but did have the breeders prefix added.

Jeanette
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes thats right, (well thats how i understand it works)
Lots of Breeder of ACt reg dogs do have affixes, but the new owners still have to reg the puppies,aslong as the breeder signs the form then the KC will accept that as premission to use the affix.

For eg, all of Mavs Litter, the Forevermagic X.......... litter, all were reg by their new owners & Pat signed the form.

We all used Pats Affix & used X as the theme!

We had

Forevermagic Xrated (thats Mav!)
FM Xpat
FM xtravaganza

FM Xtradizzy

(not sure what the other two ended up with)
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 11:13 AM
unrecognised breeds can be registered under their own names (ie kelpies) as long as they are recognised by another countries KC - though you may have to write and tell them that!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >