View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2006, 02:20 PM

Went to Agility Last Night, But it does not appear to be the sport for my dog.

We're not going to try it with Riley

As some people might remember, i was going to have a go at agility with him. We went along (not with Riley) to have a look and i just dont think he'd be able to do it - The collies there were SOOOO fast, and they were turning really quickly and stuff. Riley is fast but tends to go the long way around I just think he'd end up jumping fences backwards - and he'd probably land on his head coming off the seesaw thing I dont think its for him at all..

BUT, they have a flyball class from 6-7 so we're taking him along to that next monday. They said it sounds like that would be better for him as he's just got to run up and down rather than having do do tunnels, and climbing things I think he'd enjoy that more!

So, hopefully Riley will be having a go at that next monday! I've never done it before so haven't a clue what to do with him but hopefully they'll start very simply

Anyway, just thought i'd let you guys know! I'll let you know what happens next week!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2006, 02:30 PM
hope it goes well...id love to do that with china...but once she has the ball she will not give it back!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2006, 02:37 PM
aww theres a shame it would of been nice for you to of had a go at agility my two havent long been doing it and they absolutely love it they get so excited when its there turn,still you got fly ball to have a go at and that is fun as well good luck for next week
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Thank you both

I'd love to have a go at agility but i just dont think Riley could cope with it all. He would absolutely love it im sure but when he gets excited and doesn't understand what he's doing he tends to just go in circles I dont think i'd be able to get him to understand the whole concept of going around some jumps, and over others - He's just try and jump them all! I think it would just confuse him!!

But the flyball doesn't seem to need so much in the way of thinking on his part, once he's learned what he's got to do i think he should have no trouble with that, and it will definately keep him fit!! And thankfully, he is very good for bringing balls back and giving them to me!! And at least he wont get shouted at for barking in that!! Im always having to tell him off at Ringcraft lol!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Don't forget your ear defenders for the flyball
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi Everyone,
Not sure if any of you remember Me! and Meg my little puppy, Well she is Not 5months old And we went to have a LOOK @ Fly ball on Sunday, And the Lady Gave meg a Little try On the very low Jumps And to my surprise She Love it so Much,
That i think its Going to Be Fun.
Julie
jakey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey, if you go to Flyball let me know what you think? Need to weigh up the pros and cons of agility and flyball.

keep us updated!