View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Well done Julie - it seems that I lose half a kilo and the next week it is back on again.

I wish I knew where I was going wrong... SIGH
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 03:29 AM
Ah, weight loss... man it sucks. I was down to 195 about this time last year. I got lazy with the cold weather, lack of sun, etc. stayed inside a lot more and was back up to 212 by early January. Normal for me.

Then Brownie died in late Feb and over the next month, I shot up to an ugly 232 pounds. Doing nothing but eating, pretty much. I lost my jogging partner and Jade just wasn't up to it - nor was she Brownie.

I didn't know what to do... Jade had her little episode and I was pretty much dog-less because of it. Drove me insane... went and got Nigredo, got happy again. Got Jade back, too... got even happier. Lost some weight. About 5 lbs or so.

Lost quite a bit during the summer, back down to right under 200 lbs. Dad started getting sicker, Jade's leg started acting up, all my technology was breaking, with no money to replace it all, but didn't gain much, thankfully.

I'm now at about 216 lbs, which is too high (my doc said I'm fine if I can be 185) but better than the awful high I was at earlier this year. I can move just fine, and I can easily walk miles... my level of fitness is rather high for my weight and I can outdo many skinny/average people.

I love being outside and hiking and such... my eating habits are just terrible. I'll probably never reach my goal weight... but if I can lose these 15 lbs or so, I'd be happy!

I'm nearly 5'9" BTW with a large bone structure (I was over 9 lbs at birth)... which is the reason I can be kinda heavy. I also have some level of PCOS but don't monitor it well because it isn't the nasty insulin resistant kind and my blood sugar levels have always been fine.
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10