View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm using the same washing powder that he used before we lived together...

Bedroom is carpeted but so was his bedroom before we moved in and he never had a reaction then.

Him blowing his nose throughout the night is driving me mad!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2012, 07:54 AM
He isn't allergic to the dogs is he?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
He isn't allergic to the dogs is he?
That's what I said! But his allergy only starts when he gets into bed and the dogs aren't allowed upstairs at all.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
I'm using the same washing powder that he used before we lived together...

Bedroom is carpeted but so was his bedroom before we moved in and he never had a reaction then.

Him blowing his nose throughout the night is driving me mad!
My hubby was ok in the house before we got a place, and that had carpets too.

He's not so bad if it's hoovered REALLY thoroughly each day.

Also, our upstairs is now carpeted, and he's fine with this, but when we go to other people's houses who have carpet, it sets him off.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2012, 09:29 AM
This happened to me once - I thought I had the most persistent cold ever.
Then I took out the plug in air freshener thingy
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2012, 09:57 AM
What type of bedding are you using?

OH gets sneezy if the bedding material is over 45% polyester. We now have all cotton bedding.
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2013, 01:32 PM
why can't he go on allergy tablets daily? I'm on daily dose of antihistamines to keep reactions under control as allergic to dust and have food allergies.

They do help and reduce what could be a more severe reaction as I just take a couple of extra tablets and the 'cold symptoms' or hives are gone within the house (usually within 30 mins)
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
This happened to me once - I thought I had the most persistent cold ever.
Then I took out the plug in air freshener thingy
This happened to me last week on holiday. I woke up with a blocked nose, swollen eye and stinking headache the first morning. Unplugged the air freshener & had no more problems.
I have a dust/mould allergy which seems to have triggered other chemical sensitivities so have to be very careful with soaps, sprays etc.
No bedroom curtains, blind only. Fairy washing powder. Hypoallergenic bedding and regular thorough damp dusting & hoovering, especially if you have carpets. Dehumidifiers in the bedroom cupboards to absorb any excess moisture and weather permitting sleeping with the bedroom window slightly open. All help me and I rarely need antihistamines now unless I'm in someone else's house.
Hope you find a solution, it's an awful thing for both sufferer & partner.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2013, 07:51 PM
You can become allergic to anything at any time, so just because you use the same washing powder etc doesn't mean that cannot be the culprit. I always loved fruit until I was 48 when I suddenly one day became allergic to it - so allergic I was rushed to hospital unable to breath, heart stopped twice, and all because I ate a peach !

I now have to take antihistamines daily and carry and epipen with adrenaline and steroids as I become allergic to new things all the time. Never quite sure what it will be next, last attack was aspirin which I had taken daily for 20 years for a blood clotting problem. Just suddenly one evening I became allergic to them.
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
You can become allergic to anything at any time, so just because you use the same washing powder etc doesn't mean that cannot be the culprit. I always loved fruit until I was 48 when I suddenly one day became allergic to it - so allergic I was rushed to hospital unable to breath, heart stopped twice, and all because I ate a peach !

I now have to take antihistamines daily and carry and epipen with adrenaline and steroids as I become allergic to new things all the time. Never quite sure what it will be next, last attack was aspirin which I had taken daily for 20 years for a blood clotting problem. Just suddenly one evening I became allergic to them.
That happened to me with Peanuts I used to live on peanut butter*(on toast) at uni so when I got anaphylactic shock we were looking for something else I could be allergic to so it happened a few times.

I also became allergic to Ibuprofen and for years it was just those two things.

Recently I had some pom bar teddy crisps which I've had several times before and I came out in Hives and same happened when had Rice Krispies with coco pops mixed in.

Have they checked you for an auto immune disorder or under active thyroid?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >