Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
They have the freedom to visit a non smoking establishment, and have had for a long time

I think it was Deccy that said that in Ireland, the non smokers stand outside with the smokers because the crack is better - so now they have the freedom to passive smoke when it suits them
That's all we ask!

BTW do you mean crack as in "fun" or the "coke" sort, cos I think they need to sort that out before the smoking if it's the latter!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 02:50 PM
:smt044:smt044:smt044 Rips!! I think she means the banter!! Yes, shall we slate off the druggies now then??
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
That's all we ask!

BTW do you mean crack as in "fun" or the "coke" sort, cos I think they need to sort that out before the smoking if it's the latter!
LOL @ Rips - sorry never thought - fun is what I meant

But there have been non smoking pubs, cafes etc. for ages, so why not just go there?
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
And another thing, whilst my local hospital, or yours, is full of out of their skull thugs getting repaired from a Saturday night in one way or another, there's precious little room left for a genuine old man/lady/child who desperately needs help. Want an MRI scan? Well you've got to wait at least 6 months if you're lucky that is, whilst these numbskulls get one every Saturday night after a bottle fight!! Another small fact that may have gone unnoticed yesterday on the news, half of our nurses/doctors choose to opt out of the profession before they finally qualify - I wonder why? I'm sure the smoking related illnesses to drink related NHS beds ratio is far outweighed by the drinkers than the smokers, and I would be very interested to know what that percentage actually is!
Mate, sounds like you need a fag (although I totally agree!! )
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 02:54 PM
In all seriousness though, yes iresponsible drinkers are a nightmare and cause havoc for the A+E department, but come and visit a respiratory ward in the same hospital and you'll see beds filled with people on oxygen with COPD, lung cancer (not all smokers first hand) and I've actually witnessed a patient die through suffocation because of smoking. Drinking is terrible (in the wrong hands! ), but it doesn't make smoking any less harmful.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
:smt044:smt044:smt044 Rips!! I think she means the banter!! Yes, shall we slate off the druggies now then??
Why not!!!! I'm not one for doing things by halves!

Originally Posted by Ashlady
LOL @ Rips - sorry never thought - fun is what I meant

But there have been non smoking pubs, cafes etc. for ages, so why not just go there?
I don't think I can honsetly think of any non smoking pubs round here. Not that I can go in one anyway at the mo, being skint and all!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Why not!!!! I'm not one for doing things by halves!

I don't think I can honsetly think of any non smoking pubs round here. Not that I can go in one anyway at the mo, being skint and all!
We have recently got our FIRST no smoking club thing in preston....but I heard it has age limits on it....so an 18 year old who doesn't smoke...still couldn't go
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 03:06 PM
There are lots of them here and like I've said, as a smoker I am happy about the ban, but if we are to have a nanny state, lets do it properly and ban drinking too
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 03:09 PM
I think everyone has the right to freedom of choice and we all choose where to go, be it to a pub on a weekend where we can inhale secondary smoke and be intimidated by drunks, or stay at home and watch other people doing the aforementioned things on Casualty!!!!! I'm starting to think there needs to be more regulation about where people can smoke, especially in Restaurants etc and enclosed shopping centres for example ( we don't always have a choice about where to shop), but in a pub...a smoking area perhaps?! First time I've felt like a ciggie for ages with all of this discussion......room in the shed Inca?!!!!
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
First time I've felt like a ciggie for ages with all of this discussion......room in the shed Inca?!!!!
Sorry
Page 10 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »