Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 01:40 PM

2 Guinea Pig boars seek perfect home...

Hi,
I don't know if this is the correct place for this, but I am looking for an experienced home for two rescue pigs. Well, I say rescue... here's their story:

About 2 years ago, we saw a pig in a petshop ops: who had very obvious sarcoptic mange. We told them this, they ignored... so we bought him ops: I know we shouldn't have, but we were far less sensible at the time. Anyway - long story short, we hated seeing him without a friend, and found another poor pig with sarcoptic mange too (equally in a petshop). We tried to get them both living together, while treating them both, but the second pig, poor lad, had the mange spread to his side, and he had a nasty wound, which the first pig always worried at. so we split them up for treatment. This took a very long time, and by the time both were clear, they were really not the happiest boys to intro.

Any road, they sort of never left. We advertised them for good homes for a while, but the right home never came along, and we didn't want them to go alone, or to a home without sufficient things to fulfill their needs...

We kept on working with them, for months and months, and recentlyish they've gone in together, and live happily together, with no issues, both of them happy and glossy and sleek and gorgeous.

Now that the time is right for them, now that they are company for each other etc, I am looking again for a perfect home for them, and I wondered if there's anyone on here who keeps pigs or may like to start? or if anyone can offer me any advice? Also if homes are found further afield, is there anyone who would volunteer to homecheck for us?

thank you so much

pics:

Costley:
Costley flop!

Pricey:

xx
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Aww Zoundz they are really gorgeous and you're really tempting me now as I know that we will start with some Guineas again soon. The older kids (coming up 23 and 25 ) grew up with them and I will start again with Megan (now 3) but it's just so soon after losing the old guys (dogs). I would be very happy to help with home checks or anything though.

I hope they find a super together forever home soon.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 03:09 PM
awww (((hugs))) shame - you sound like you might know a bit about guineas! if i do get anyone in your area after them though, I'll be sure to call on you for homecheck!

xx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 12:36 PM
hi there zoundz, we're actually looking for some guineas at the moment, where abouts in the country are you? (P.S we've had the little piggies before!)
Hazel xxx
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 05:52 PM
oh dear! i just came on to say that they've actually been offered a home, however, if that falls through the homecheck, then we'll keep you in mind Kicks

if you're rather more urgent, then there are some great pig forums with many pigs looking for homes. if you want the links pm me!

xx