Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Noushka05 View Post
Well im afraid video evidence is what shocks the masses into taking action, not word of mouth.

yeah i believe you
Im afraid you really believe that.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2012, 04:12 PM
No the hunt monitors said the hounds had not long moved off before they found the fox...i posted the whole statement earlier in the thread.

"The young woman was out monitoring the Old Berks Fox Hounds last Wednesday, 14th November. The Hunt met at Elmwood House, Black Bourton in Oxfordshire. Not long after the hunt moved off , the Huntsman sent the hound pack into woodland and thick undergrowth.

Just after 11.30 am, the hounds found the fox in scrub next to large slurry tanks on the edge of a farm."

maybe you can tell me why then hounds weren't called off when they caught the fox? Because i don't think anyone can deny if that brave lady hadnt jumped in & saved it that fox would have been ripped apart, ...one of the to$$ers on horseback was even shouting at her to leave it!

So what , it still does not mean the hunt purposely set the hounds on the scent of that fox.

So the hunt master sent his hounds into woodland, what has that got anything to do with the fox jumping into the small pack of dogs, he may have been sending them on the scent of the laid trail

And lets face it, the video may well have been edited to show what they want it to show,

You ask why no one called the hounds off the fox, well maybe because they had more sense than go amongst a pack of dogs attacking another animal

As I said , any hunt would be stupid to allow themselves being videoed breaking the law .
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im afraid you really believe that.
Yes i do Dawn, people can be apathetic but when they see distressing images it often shocks them into doing something about it...or at least trying to. Its no different from images we see on the news, if reporters & their cameramen didnt get footage of starving children or whatever, many people wouldnt act.

Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
So what , it still does not mean the hunt purposely set the hounds on the scent of that fox.

So the hunt master sent his hounds into woodland, what is that got anythign to do with the fox jumping into the small pack of dogs, he may have been sending them on the scent of the laid trail.

You ask why no one calle dthe hound soff, the fox, well maybe becuase they had more sense than go amongst a pack of dogs attacking another animal

As I said , any hunt would be stupid to allow themselvs breaking the law .
I thought they were suppose to be able to call the hounds off?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 04:23 PM
I thought they were suppose to be able to call the hounds off?
They don't call them off, they "whip" them off
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Jeezus!...dont see how anyone who supports fox hunting can call themselves a dog lover
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Jeezus!...dont see how anyone who supports fox hunting can call themselves a dog lover
that's in extremis of course - like when hounds are come into our garden, and a land rover full of hunt servants come pouring in with hunting crops to round them up and get them back in the field. To be fair, hounds are not bothered, but I would personally rather see hounds whipping the hunt servants!

The purpose of the hunting crop with its long lash is to keep hounds away from galloping horses' hooves, but the Whipper In's job is to control hounds from horseback. With a full pack of hounds standing at between 20 and 30 couple, you can have up to 60 hounds to control, so you need to be robust.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

That made me choke on my coffee.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Yes i do Dawn, people can be apathetic but when they see distressing images it often shocks them into doing something about it...or at least trying to. Its no different from images we see on the news, if reporters & their cameramen didnt get footage of starving children or whatever, many people wouldnt act.
Thats their choice. Constantly throwing things in peoples faces more often than not has the adverse effect. Proven too. People get sick of it. That may explain why all the "evidence" people collect is not acted upon, and of course as I said earlier, in this case, the law is a joke.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by alice0675 View Post
You are right on the mark, without them filming the rest of us would never know any better!

I do not know how any sane person can support or even want to be remotely connected to the sick, yes sick activity, even from a historical perspective. Its shameful.

be warned these are very graphic, sick twisted images and people!

That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen - some people are despicable

How anyone can support such a 'sport' is beyond me

Times have moved on, we're no longer the barbaric cavemen that our ancestors were. Fox hunting is on the wrong side of history - just like so many other vile practises from our past, and that's exactly where it belongs.

There can be no justification of human beings 'killing for fun', life deserves more respect - and as an evolved and highly intelligent species we should know better.
Page 7 of 21 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »