Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 01:59 PM
This I can do with Luna

I have one question.. AM, in the second video, Ally is in a down, and at a point she gets up, turns around and sits.. Is that okay??

Just wondering??
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm going to jump in here and try and be a smarty pants

I think it'd be ok as she wants Ally to just stay there and it wouldnt matter that she got up from a down as she's still in the same spot ?

Lets see if I'm right or wrong
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks Willow

It sounds logical
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I can leave my flattie in downstay for 10 mins probably longer but have never done more than 10 mins out of sight and he's fine, but for some reason on a sit stay, if he thinks nothing is going to happen then he'll lay down. Lazy thing
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Willow is right. Speaking of working we dont care if the dog lays down or sits. Its the "stay" we want. If the dog lays down it useally means it has accepted that nothing is going to happen so it might aswell relax. However are we working in fields with high grass or are you moving away from it at a distance the dog cant watch you and be ready for your signal so many will sit up and wait which is fine as long as it stays.

I have three commands. I have the "sit" where Ally isnt allowed to lay down.
I have the "down" where she has to stay down and i have the "stay" where i really dont care as long as she stays where sheŽs told.
Most will just use the "stay" as it is all needed when working.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 05:30 PM
I can leave Luna (havent tried to put her in a stay and get out of sight yet) for a bit.

She will sit down in a stand stay (and lay down in a sit stay) if she thinks I'm too long to get back to her.

Okay thanks, just wanted to be sure...

Now can I ask.. What do I do, when I throw the ball for her, she runs out to get it, but doesnt bring it back to me.. Just either stand or lay down out there in the distance with the ball in her mouth... Tried the acting like a clown and run the opposite direction, no go...

If I use a stick, she will run out to it, and lay down and chew it...

Any ideas??
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 06:01 PM
I have some...
Get your recall in place. If you tell her to get back, she has to. No matter what and whereever you are.
Thats the most important thing.

When you send her to get something and she doesnt come back, its simple disobedient your recall and you need to work very hard at that.

And a second thing, Luna will carry just about anything for you..
You can pretty much get her to do anything as long as it isnt "working" right? That leads me to believe that Luna might not be the prob
I bet you get stressed up when you want it all to work out. I bet you forget a bit to have fun. And i bet you get really frustrated when it isnt working for you.
All that Luna will pick up on and will respon to that. Theres really no way you can win here without changing how you do things and how you see it all.

Will you do be me a favour? Will you get maybe Kamille or someone to take a small movieclip of you trying to get Luna to retrieve? A movie where you do as we talked about in the train? Please
IŽm pretty sure this can be solved. Just dont loose hope and dont get frustrated. WeŽll work on this together ok
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 06:08 PM
I will see if Kamille has time to help me tomorrow.. for the movie clip I mean...

But I think I did something wrong, cos I "Just" threw the ball... Didnt say "retrieve" when she ran.. U know i did a "knaldapport" without the command... That's probablely where I went wrong

I'll see wot we can do about the clip tomoz..

Today she actually carried a box of uhm... donno the word in english "flűdeboller" home from Netto... They are: a flat biscuit with wipped creme on and covered in melted chocolate

She didnt squeeze them at all..
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 06:36 PM
YouŽre right out the command J. You need to give her that even though you dont make her sit.
I use "apport" but again, use what you feel like. Just pick something and stick with it.

IŽll look forward to the video. Dont worry and weŽll work it out.
And please remember, it has been two days since we talked about this:
TTT - you seem to forget that a bit
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by amts
YouŽre right out the command J. You need to give her that even though you dont make her sit.
I use "apport" but again, use what you feel like. Just pick something and stick with it.

IŽll look forward to the video. Dont worry and weŽll work it out.
And please remember, it has been two days since we talked about this:
TTT - you seem to forget that a bit
I actually use "apport" aswell So I say "apport" the second she moves for the ball or as I throw it?

I havent forgot TTT no worries.. I just gave it a shot today and it didnt work, so just wanted to be led on the right path, if you will...

No sense in making it wrong from the start, is there?
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >