View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Azz, if this hunting section goes ahead, would it be possible to have some sort of flagging system so people can be cautioned about content before they read a post - allowing people to differentiate between posts about training or feeding in the hunting section, and those which may upset some people due to their content?

Becs
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
What do you mean by sporting dogs? (told you I wasn't an expert in this field!)

I'm not sure how I can be any clearer regarding this section the current working section is for those working dogs whos 'work' but does not involve the killing of any other animals.

Just caught up with this so yes that means that this section is not open to sporting dogs, that is gundogs, terriers and hounds. Who's work may or may not involve the killing of other animals for sport there are a good few other reasons for using sporting dogs other than for sport.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
apart from people flaggin it in the subject headings there isn't Becs.

The options if it went ahead are:

- completely open to all

- section shown on the forums list but access only by password, which is given to those interested in it

- section not shown and access only to those who request it

However even before we get to that stage we really do need to know what kind of content it will inlude, I simply can't open a section not knowing what sort of things will be discussed in it.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Just wanted to say I didn't vote in the poll on the other thread as I am undecided...I didn't want to say yes until I had listened and learned more and didn't want to click on 'don't give a rats...' whatever it was because I know it's important to both sides of the argument here...If there was an undecided option I would have voted, these undecided votes could then have either cahnged there minds and thought 'yes' or maybe have realised that 'no' they definitly didn't want this section...But alot might not have voted because the option wasn't there?
BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 04:24 PM
I would quite like a hunting forum, i dont hunt myself but am definately not against it and having lurchers myself its something that takes my intrest but i agree with a passworded thing or a big red message explaining the contents.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Graeme.
Azz said there is little chance of it going ahead, why should I bother? If somebody told you to fetch a loaf, but you knew there wasnt any, would you bother to go?
Dawn.
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Are you sure you're on DW BorderDawn? If Azz had already decided against there wouldn't be a poll or thread debating it.

Graeme
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 05:14 PM
First page of this thread Graeme.
DAwn.
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2005, 05:31 PM
I took that post to mean there was little chance of it going ahead judging by the poll and/or speculation of peoples votes in it.

Besides that, 11 posts before that you had already decided what others thought:
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Because its one sided Thordell, you can only have a view if it pleases others too.
Perhaps instead of deciding what others views are before even knowing them you could have tried to persuade those who don't have a view to your way of thinking.

Have you even told anyone what you think should be discussed in such a section? Or should we decide for you?

Graeme
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

12-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Dawn where have I said there is no chance? I am not going to feed you lies and say the chance isn't small because it is. Hunting is a very emotive topic - therefore the chance is inevitably small for s site like ours. I'm not going to give you false hopes.

Like Graeme has said, you could be using this to put your side of the story across and perhaps in the process you might dispel a few myths, which may result in getting people on-side.

The only way forward for this is if we can establish what the section will cover. Only once we know this can we ask what members think. Only then can I make a decision based on peoples feelings and my own thoughts. Perhaps we can include some topics but not others? Who knows untill we know what we are dealing with.

This thread will be locked untill my points are addressed in this thread: http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/que...mts_15129.html because this thread isn't going anywhere but circles.
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7