Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 06:36 PM

Rescued a deer today!

went on another deer rescue today (im back at wildlife hospital making up work experience hours) and went on a rescue with another person, to a fallow who has been bit by a car on the motor way and couldnt get up, (had server head injuries). Police blocked the road until we had got her safe out the way and in the car to get her back to the hospital..Didnt look good for her, she was well out of it!

Until she decided she was feeling much better and kicked me in my thigh - when putting her into a deer shed/stable..
Leaving me with a server dead leg!

This pic was about 1hr after - will be worse tomorrow - looks like I grew mould haha

Atleast she is doing better though - hope she has made the night when I get in to work in the morning.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Ow OUCH! That looks painful! Well done for saving the deer though, and it sounds as though she is a tough cookie to survive being hit by a car. I do hope the shock doesn't get her tonight.

Please let us know how she is tomorrow
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Ouchie, poor you.
Hope the dear little deer is ok
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 07:50 PM
It doesnt hurt so much now, but it looks really weird
I'll let you know how she does over the night, hopefully its good news bless her wee heart! Deers are often involved in RTA's, thats the most common reason they come in for Their so doppy.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 07:52 PM
flippin hell that looks painful really hope the deer makes it...well done xx
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks Noush, its a little sore but ok..Just looks like a black piece of mould lmao.. I hope she does to
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
It doesnt hurt so much now, but it looks really weird
I'll let you know how she does over the night, hopefully its good news bless her wee heart! Deers are often involved in RTA's, thats the most common reason they come in for Their so doppy.
I would imagine that is the case However, deer are such fragile creatures that just the shock of being hit by a car is often enough to kill them I hope this one survives
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Yes, the shock is often worse than the injuries Poor animals, She seemed to have picked up alot when I left, and the night nurses will keep checks on her, Im sure she will be ok in the morning..I hope.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:55 PM
keep us updated xx ive got everything crossed.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 07:26 PM
She made the night and was still ok when I left work this evening, shes up on her feet and wont let anyone near her...Yesterday I sat next to her while I sorted her drip, and she didnt try hard to get away..Today.. I would have a black eye if I dare tried to which of course is BRILLIANT!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >