Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Im not sure really. I was seriously ill 2 years ago and didnt walk for six months. I actually rode before I could walk! I think my illness has just left me with (it sounds stupid) a fear of dying. I seem to hold back from doing anything that i could get hurt doing. I did go back to basics and started having lessons again but found that even that made me nervous. I would spend the hour hoping the lesson would soon end. At that point, I knew I needed a break. I wish I could get my confidence back, I really love to ride.
Gosh I am so sorry you went through all that, it must have been very traumatic (and it doesn't sound silly at all). I do hope you get back to riding again, as it is clearly something you love.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Gosh I am so sorry you went through all that, it must have been very traumatic (and it doesn't sound silly at all). I do hope you get back to riding again, as it is clearly something you love.
Thanks. I hope so to. Am hoping to go while on holiday in Cornwall in August so hopefully that will fire up the passion for it again. I will get back to it. Just need to give myself a severe talking to!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks. I hope so to. Am hoping to go while on holiday in Cornwall in August so hopefully that will fire up the passion for it again. I will get back to it. Just need to give myself a severe talking to!
Hopefully, if you can just get the confidence to climb back up there, stay positive, I'm sure your enjoyment and the fantastic feeling of being on horseback will make your fears disappear.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Hopefully, if you can just get the confidence to climb back up there, stay positive, I'm sure your enjoyment and the fantastic feeling of being on horseback will make your fears disappear.
Thanks. I do love it and its not the riding that scares me, its the fear of falling. Think I must have lost a few brain cells in hospital!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks. I do love it and its not the riding that scares me, its the fear of falling. Think I must have lost a few brain cells in hospital!
I think that's a 'getting older thing' you know, whenever I get back on a horse I wonder how the hell I dared do what I used to do, and now say that I am too old to event etc, I'd just like to maybe do a bit of dressage and hacking! I'm only 27 but my fear now is immense?! I used to race across fields, jumping hedges, jump 6 foot no problem, and race quad bikes across stubble fields?! Now - nay chance!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 10:01 PM
This is Laskey. He is the horse I ride in Scotland. He is 15 year old, and really should be crippled. He has arthritis in all 4 of his legs ( I think ), but if you'd ridden him, you wouldn't believe me some days! Sometimes he is very much the old man and feels like a plank of wood, but on a good day, I have schooled him in the field, and he has gone beautifully in an outline, working well from behind! He really has taught me so much, because he has been there, done it, got the t shirt, the mug and the keyring!

In his headcollar and leadrope that I got him for Xmas!

x
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
I think that's a 'getting older thing' you know, whenever I get back on a horse I wonder how the hell I dared do what I used to do, and now say that I am too old to event etc, I'd just like to maybe do a bit of dressage and hacking! I'm only 27 but my fear now is immense?! I used to race across fields, jumping hedges, jump 6 foot no problem, and race quad bikes across stubble fields?! Now - nay chance!
Thats exactly how i feel. I used to love going flat out, the faster the better. And the more the horse played up, the more fun I had! Now?.....A nice sedate plod is all im asking. When your young you dont think ''what if'' but then you reach a certain age and realise broken bones hurt. And I know. I fractured by elbow 3 years ago when the horse tripped in a rabbit hole. Ouch!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Me on my favourite horse, Paddington 2 years ago.

Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Me on my favourite horse, Paddington 2 years ago.

Paddington looks lovely!

And I very much like the pink too!!

x
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Paddington looks lovely!

And I very much like the pink too!!

x
Lol. A girl gotta co-ordinate!