Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2021, 07:34 AM

Morning 18/10/21

Good morning all.
A bright crips day today had a lovely sunrise very pink the garden glowed a reddish colour.
Hoping it stays fine for the day.
Got an hour extra in bed with Dillon so the trip out didn't wear him out to much. He slept for 2 hours in the garden then came in and slept till 6.45 when Gorden got up, so although on the sofa didn't get to bad a nights sleep.

Kazz hope you are feeling much better today.
Sue hoping your day isn't quite as busy as others have been recently.
brenda when is the puppy training ? Hope you have a nice walk today.
Moyra any news on the eye test yet and hope you're keeping well.
griff I am wondering if mum has agoraphobia ? Gill started to suffer with this not long before she was diagnosed with Lupus. She was a nightmare for many years with it. She would come out with mum and I or her friends but not always. She would use the dogs as an excuse even though it would of only of been for a few hours.
She was a nervous wreck having to walk Neill to school and was relieved when he was able to walk by himself.
She was very anxious and had once been a very outgoing confident person we found it hard to understand because she wasn't the person we knew.
She also use to work part time but even that got to much for her. It does sound very similar to how your mum is.
You are going to have to be very patient with her I think, it is hard when she is not the person you once knew.

Have a good day all and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 08:04 AM
Morning Lynn Pleased to hear Dillon was better last evening.The first hands on puppy lesson is Tuesday, tomorrow. I have though been helping with information sheets from when I used to do it full time and over emails etc. Hope everyone else is tickety boo. Been for a little damp walk but not cold.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2021, 08:33 AM
Lovely brenda good luck for tomorrow, sure you won't need it though.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 08:35 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn and all who follow

Good that Dillon let you have an extra hours sleep gentle hugs to him

Hope training got well tomorrow for you Brenda

Yes its damp out but not cold. Got the master bedroom and ensuite painted with one coat of emulsion the other two we did the day before looked fine. The paint seems look very patchy when done but once dry all is ok. Ben is not the best decorator in the world as he tends to loose interest very quickly Today I have to be there for the worktops to the kitchen to be fitted so will take a book with me. Other than that the week is quiet so will take a little me time until the weekend.

Once the house is done Kazz he will be moving in by himself until the family come over so he will have to get himself up which should be very interesting.

Hope all are well. Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2021, 09:13 AM
Morning Sue enjoy your book while waiting for deliveries.
Glad the week will be easier. Oh dear lets hope Ben gets up when the alarm clock goes off.
They do surprise us when left to their own devices.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 10:17 AM
Morning all
Hmmmm, I honestly don't think she is agoraphobic... she's going out Friday with her friend, will be making her way there on her own on the buses....I honestly think she just doesn't want to go out because of covid. She has a choice to make now, she either starts going out or her holidays stop....I am not giving up my time with Steve and Molly because of her.
Lol Sue, bet you will still end up ringing to make sure he has got up o.k
Got a million parcels from Amazon coming today for the dogs, I didn't anticipate dealing with separation anxiety with an 8 year old dog!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 10:49 AM
Good all although only just I think.

Having a glance at Dunelm online for some new bedding for the spare room looking for blue liking the look of this any thoughts

https://www.dunelm.com/product/zen-n...SkuId=30726794

https://www.dunelm.com/product/hardw...SkuId=30689158

Have found a new programme I am enjoying Brits In France.

Griff your Mom just sounds scared, what do her work think about her not going back? maybe you could get her to go out for an hour or so everyday "as we did" orginally with covid 1 hours exercise

Sue Sure he appreciates it all. Interesting when he is responsible for himself.

Lynn Have a good day and sounds like things ticking over. How is Michael?

Brenda Have a good day how exciting starting doing what you enjoy

Chris How's it going with you?

Moyra Hello
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2021, 10:53 AM
Still morning Kazz just.
I like that.

Covid has affected different people in different ways griff. Maybe you need to give her time for her to realise things are slowly returning to normal. Gorden and I still do not do crowded places if not necessary and use a face mask still in most garden centres and supermarkets.
It has sadly added some mental health issues to some peoples burden.
Maybe her going out today on the bus and to meet her friend means she is slowly returning to feeling normal or as normal as we can be.
The other thing and I'm sure I've mentioned this before menopause I can tell you from experience it causes some of us untold anxiety. I have always been a confident person till that struck me and I use to feel ill queuing in supermarkets and many a time if it hadn't been for the fact the boys still loved at home and needed feeding I would of happily left my trolley and walk out. I hated going places and it sent me into an awful downward spiral of depression.
Thankfully once the menopause was over I returned to my old self confident and wanting to go places again. I cannot explain the feeling that comes over you and wanting to go out but not being able to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 11:11 AM
Thanks, this all stems back to the sepsis , hospitalisation and then being put in an old people's home, I am convinced she thinks if she gets covid she will be in hospital again....that could happen to any one of us but we can't all stay home.
Lynn, she went through the menopause years ago.....she was lucky, incredibly lucky, she didn't have any symptoms at all
Kazz, she can work from home, they said she works 3 Days so go back 2 days and then it was one day....she is seeing occupational health next week... apparently if you score 9 points you can't go back, she scored 8 but her manager knows my situation and suggested seeing occupational health, I keep saying she can't keep using me as an excuse. Don't get me wrong, I go out but I am very very careful, I santise and wear a mask and am careful who I mix with but life has to go on
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2021, 11:47 AM
Michael is doing well thank you Kazz. Wednesday will be the day we see him go downhill after picking up a bit. (Funeral).
I have offered for him to come to us for a few days/nights but he says he is comfortable in the house and has nothing to run away from.
He may well be more comfortable in his own home if he can't sleep he can get up and make a cuppa or just sit and reflect he could do that here but to be honest with Dillon's sleeping patterns it would make life a little difficult.

I agree with Kazz griff she is sounding scared about something and possibly the situation still, maybe reading or listening to news and all the negative stories aren't helping her to move along.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >