Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2021, 08:20 AM

Blue sky Tuesday 12th October 2021

Well good morning. Hope you all had a good evening and are all feeling ready to face another day. Just looked up tv licence and see that it has gone up this year. Hey ho another bill to pay. Have a good day all with whatever you get up to.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2021, 08:23 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Sunshine then dull here today, hoping it will stay fine have the bedding in the wash. It can go in the tumble dryer if needed but I love to line dry if possible.
Car gone for its mot little Peugeot so fingers crossed it goes through with flying colours.

Everything going up at the moment brenda isn't it ?

Have a good day all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2021, 08:55 AM
Morning Lynn, I miss my Peugeot but only used it for taking a poorly dog to the vets so when he went I got rid of the car. Couldn't really afford to have it now anyway. And as I like walking. Yep all things are going up, probably because of covid, well that is what they will blame it on. Goodness I am a moaner this morning. Have a good day. Off to read the tv choice. Mind you once I have read that I don't need a tv licence as it tells me everything that is coming up on tele. Nothing left to the imagination. bg!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2021, 09:04 AM
Think we are all moaners at the moment brenda. This little car is so if one of us needs to go off somewhere the Chrysler Dillon's car is always on the drive in case of emergency with him.
It was such a fright when he had the torsion that we had to go back to having two cars while we still have Dillon.
We will eventually go back to one car when two are no longer needed.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2021, 09:14 AM
Morning all
Yep..... everything is increasing in price, 2 large takeaway pizzas on offer £25!!! I no longer go to the pub as it's £4.10 a pint by me.....I can't afford that.
Hope the car goes through its MOT o.k
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2021, 09:37 AM
Car passed just needed new wiper blades which we knew it would and an indicator bulb. £56 including the mot and no advisories.
They said it looked underneath just as it should for a car with just over 33,000 miles on the clock. It's a 2003 model.
They thought it would be a wreck cosmetically it isn't the best.
A bargain for us though at the price we paid for a run around.

Pizza's and beers so expensive griff, you can get some decent take away bargains in supermarkets now.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2021, 09:51 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn, Kelly and all who follow

Pleased the car passed its MOT Lynn

Moan away Brenda. I agree tv licence is worthless but I do watch a few things on on the laptop but most is all repeats and then repeated a week later

Yes Kelly prices are shooting up. Ben used to order a takeaway pizza nearly once a week but now we go to Tesco when the reduced stuff is being put out and he can get a lot more for less and that keeps him happy for a few days.

Overcast but trying to brighten up. Been in the garden and taken down the runner beans and stowed the canes away. Will mow the lawn this afternoon even though it is a bit wet as poor old Teazle is up to her hocks when she goes out there

Hope all are well. Stay safe
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2021, 10:16 AM
When I buy a pizza now I buy Hearty Food Thin Pepperonni Pizza for 67p It is lovely. Often do it when Margaret comes over goes down well with a white or red wine. Yum.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2021, 11:13 AM
Ahhhh but, I don't cook at Steve's and his cooking is a nightmare....he never cooks at the correct temperature, tells me my pizza is overcooked because I like the cheese brown and basically he cooks it how he thinks it should be and it's usually not cooked in the middle.....so I refuse to eat anything that requires cooking at his house, plus he also cooks the pizzas separately so the idea of having dinner together isn't actually dinner together, it's me eating at his house.
Lynn, so pleased about the car
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2021, 11:16 AM
Sue, don't mention grass to me!!! Bought a new mower £180 delivered yesterday and dad eventually built it after me asking him to....he just left it sat on the lawn so I asked mum to ask him to cut the lawn ....came home, mower broken, the pull cord just kept going apparently....had to speak to someone at Amazon to get it replaced, apparently it will be here Thursday but no idea what's happening with the return
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >