Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2021, 08:30 AM

Wet Sunday 3rd October

Good morning everyone

So sorry to hear about `Margaret . May she rest in peace and my condolences to you Lynn and the family.

Horrible rain and wind yesterday and this morning is still very damp but at leat the wind has dropped. Managed to paint walls in kitchen and mist the new plaster where hall and lounge radiators will be so will put a coat of paint over that today. Planning on painting the walls that will be behind the wardrobes, just the top bit that will show, as it will be difficult to get to once built in. There will be 3 of us today so hopefully will get it all done before it gets too dark to see as still not lights except in the ensuite!

Hope all are well. Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2021, 08:34 AM
Morning Sue and all who follow

Thank you so much for all the thoughts. Margaret is out of pain now the last few weeks have been dreadful for her especially with the water retention in her legs they couldn't get under control due to her liver and kidneys failing. As sad as it is for us especially Michael it must of been a blessed relief for her to slip away.

Weather dry but a damp feeling in the air here.
off to Mark and Lauren's later for cuddles with that beautiful little girl who was born on Margaret's Birthday.

Stay safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2021, 12:43 PM
Good afternoon all
Sunny here!! Walked Molly, walked my 2, that's it...I am done!!
My neighbour has been in touch...i am hoping she is going to be o.k, she has some very weird contraptions attached to her at the Moment.
Sue.... hope you manage to get the painting done
Lynn, enjoy your time with your granddaughter
My grandad sister....my aunty Kathleen became a great great grandmother this week, I haven't seen her for 21 years bless her.....I think I may be able to talk Steve into visiting Ireland, he was asking all about it on Monday...I said he would love it there, mums family are awesome and so very welcoming, it would be nice to meet them all in person
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2021, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Sue and all who follow

Thank you so much for all the thoughts. Margaret is out of pain now the last few weeks have been dreadful for her especially with the water retention in her legs they couldn't get under control due to her liver and kidneys failing. As sad as it is for us especially Michael it must of been a blessed relief for her to slip away.

Weather dry but a damp feeling in the air here.
off to Mark and Lauren's later for cuddles with that beautiful little girl who was born on Margaret's Birthday.

Stay safe everyone.

The old saying one comes in one goes out seems very apt here Lynn, taking your mind and heart to the future.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2021, 02:09 PM
Good afternoon all.

Dry day here so far, but winter coat weather cold. Ah well. You can't have everything.

Now to hit my book. It's a bit boring, but suits Sunday afternoon very well
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2021, 02:50 PM

Lucky no one was in the garden when this came down. Landed other end from trees so must have gone right across the lawn.
From the very strong winds yesterday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2021, 04:58 PM
How lovely griff great great Grandmother. I hope you get to Ireland with Steve sounds like a lovely break.
Yes indeed Kazz I thought exactly the same.

Well Freya is so beautiful had lots of cuddles and fed her to. Took lots of bits over for her I cannot resist the little girls clothes when out, bought her a lovely interactive toy bit young yet but won't be long and some nappies, milk and wipes. Plus a book Gorden has had a long time going on a bear hunt but the best bit it is signed by Michael Rosen from when Gorden met him.
So wish Joel had the same opportunities of things but Donna would of trashed them or sold them for a packet of fags.
He has been spoilt though over the years and we still do. We have given Mark some money for him to be given to him when they see fit, maybe towards some driving lessons.
Just to make up for Freya being spoilt.

Had a message from my niece who had a message from Margaret's daughter who went home today but her brother was staying till tomorrow, to say Michael has sent Robert home saying he has plenty of jobs to do.
Doesn't surprise me at all I said to Gorden this morning he will be packing Robert off today I bet. We will be ringing him to keep an eye on him, and Angela and her husband are over Thursday and Friday.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2021, 07:12 PM
Lynn, I bet Joel fully understands how he couldn't be given things and better for him to have the money towards driving lessons. I am pleased you had a lovely time.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2021, 07:12 PM
Barry, lucky everyone was inside!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2021, 10:29 PM
I've been lucky so far not to be hit with tree branches when we walk in the park, but I've been hit by quite a few conkers as they fall off the tree

Looks like it's going to be a bumper crop this year and some of the fallen ones are massive
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >