View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 09:20 PM
Well, things have moved on. I got a call from two of Gary's neighbours tonight who have told me that the deaf girl has been trying to get Gary to buy her jewellery. They also said that they too noticed a big difference in Gary over the past few weeks and they will be seeing the care manager as soon as she comes back from holiday to tell her the girl is bad news and that it is affecting Gary badly having her around. They also said that I should get in touch with her too.

Some of the things they said confirmed my own thoughts so, yes, I will be contacting the Care Manager on her return
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 10:37 PM
Ohhh bloody hell Chris, I think if staff and residents alike have concerns then it's not possible for her to be housed there....if residents themselves are going to make their own concerns known then there's absolutely no way the care manager should even contemplate offering her a flat.
I know you said that you have power of attorney... that's excellent as hopefully too much damage can't be done and I sincerely hope she buggers off permanently.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 10:46 PM
Is the café at the flats purely for residents and their guests or can anyone just walk in off the street? I am hoping it's the former so that she can be told she is no longer welcome and isn't to enter the premises.
Do you think Gary would be open to the camera going back to its usual position? I am just thinking that if she was to show up again, then you would have a good idea of what she's trying to get out of him.
Part of me is really sad as it all just seemed so lovely, he had his new home, you and Dave didn't need to worry quite as much, the flat was sold and Gary had a new friend.....the other part of me is really really angry that anyone thinks it's o.k to behave like that towards someone else but especially someone who suffers the exact same difficulty communicating with the general public.
I think you are completely right to inform the duty manager of your concerns and if the others are concerned too.... just goes to show you were right
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 11:08 PM
From what his neighbours told me both she and her mother have form.

The cafe is open to the public unfortunately, but the two residents that contacted me have loved Gary from the moment he moved in. Before the girl showed up, he had breakfast with them every morning and is going back to that now. They said they will look after him and, of course, the cafe staff are well aware of what's going on.

Hopefully, this will all be sorted out once the Care Manager is back

I feel sorry that the girl is likely to be denied a flat there because of her deafness, but Gary comes first and I'll be making a very strong plea for her to be refused
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2021, 08:28 AM
Sounds like a nigthmare Chris for you and Gary. I won't be worrying about insurance as this will probably be a one off and as said we always relied on owners to have their dogs insured, which most do these days with all the laws, that keep changing anyway regarding dogs etc.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2