Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-12-2012, 10:55 PM

Wilfred - 6 year old male Staffie

Wilfred, Staffie, DOB 2006 - Gatwick

Homing Requirements: Wilfred needs a Staffie experienced family around him, building his confidence and general morale up. Wilfred is concerned around dogs if they get too close and will warn them off but easily leaves it at that. A halti may help avoid him fixating on chewing branches and would give muzzle control if an off lead dog comes to close. Wilfred needs acceptance and slowly comes close. Secure garden. Good nutrition to rebuild his general condition. Can be left without event.

His Story: Wilfred has had a sad past and he carries this sadness with him now. He was found stray and there are multiple details of being found stray in the past. Thank God his owner didn't want him back, we can do so much better for him! Wilfred is neutered, chipped and vax'd.

Advert: Wilfred needs his family! He is depressed with life and kennels add further insult to what life has thrown at him. He is concerned around dogs and needs to enjoy his walks in a low dog density area with any over-friendly dogs just shooed off as Staffie owners are so apt to do. Wilfred does connect with his walker. Wilfred will love to come over for a cuddle but he needs coaxing and invite. Deferent to people and melts when given love.

Wilfred has a brown red 2-tone coat. He is a middle aged Staffie who doesn't leap; doesn't mouth; isn't in your face with emotionality and isn't licky with affection. He is coy, reserved, self sufficient and a little fragile in his relationships with dogs as he obviously hasn't had support in his encounters in the past.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 80 dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-01-2013, 08:38 PM
How handsome is Wilfred ... ?!

Wilfred would love a foster place until his forever home comes along. Could you help him?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2013, 10:18 AM
He is so gorgeous wish i could help but having 2 excitable young staffs already I wouldn't be right for him, hope he finds a forever home soon he looks like he needs some love x
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Wilfred is still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-08-2013, 06:56 AM
An update from Wilfred's fosterer ...

"Wilfred is now living with me in sunny Brighton (well Hove actually). He is a dear boy, affectionate and lively. He has made himself at home. Wilfred already knows a few commands and sits/gives paw/down faster than a bullet! Wilfred seems quite tense walking around the streets and is happier in a wide open space where he can run on an extender lead, fetch his ball and hopefully find a few branches to carry around.

He is nervous of other dogs he sees and will growl/lunge if they come too close. He is very receptive to training though and we are walking him close to heel to control this. If Wilfred is busy or distracted he barely notices other dogs.

Contrary to what we originally thought Wilfred loves going in the water! He had a great dip in the sea yesterday chasing the waves and did not want to come out!

Wilfred is still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Video: Wilfred enjoying the sea

Wilfred is still available for adoption!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-09-2013, 08:47 PM
An update from Wilfred's fosterer:

"I've had Wilfred around 6 weeks now. At home he is a delightful chilled boy, greets me warmly with a wag of the tail rather than a leap and a kiss. He is perfect when left for a few hours while I am work, and undemanding of attention when I get back. When Wilf first arrived, he was quite tense walking around the streets and tended to jump up at passing cyclists or joggers but now he is getting more sedate and will do this only very occassionally. He is very responsive to commands and knows quite a few: sit, wait, down, come here, fetch, speak. I walk him on the lead always as he will lunge at dogs we pass but he now ignores any that he sees across the road or when we are in the park and is happily distracted running or playing with his ball. Occassionally I let him off in an enclosed basketball court nearby and he is totally joyful to be trusted to be free. He fetches his ball and stays close to me, responding immediately to my direction. He seems satisfied with a short walk each morning (20 mins) and a longer one each evening (45 mins)..lovely, sweet boy"!

Wilfred is still available for adoption!
Closed Thread