Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 01:43 PM

Make your own agility equipment

Now I've never done agility and I'm getting a bit fed up waiting for me to reach the top of the waiting list so I'd thought I'd have a go at making my own.
You'll need pencil, hack saw, tape measure, length of 19mm over flow pipe, 2 right angle bends, 4 t-bends, 1 length of lagging.
Saw the over flow pipe into 2 sections 114cm long, 4 sections 15cm long and 4 sections 8cm long.
Saw the lagging into 2 1m lengths.
Fit the lagging onto the longest poles. Slip the 2 right angle bends onto one pole and 1 set of t junction using the t on the other pole. Fit the 8cm pieces to the other set of t-junction on the longest bit not the t bit.
Fit the 15cm pieces between the t-junction with the 8cm bits and the pole with the t-junctions attached then fit the other 15cm pole on the top hole of that. Slot the 90 degree bends into the top of the uprights.
I have made these jumps for a small dog. You can cut the upright bits any length you like. They are light weight and easy to dismantle for storgae.
Below are pictures and I would like to point out that Liberty, my model, has never jumped a jump in her life until today! It took half an hour to make and cost £19.23 but I do have a length of pole left so could make the jump hight. I got the bits from Travis Perkins so if you go somewhere else size of pipe and cost may well vary.

And there you have a two height practice jump for your garden. I'm going to have a bash at a spread jump and long jump tomorrow!
Becky (who's rather proud of herself)
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Well done Becky - clever gal!!!
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Ooh thats such a good idea, Im going to make some little ones for Fudgie!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 02:26 PM
The width is approximately the width required for KC regs.
Becky
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks for that Mahooli.

We always fancied trying agility with Max but because of his behavioural problems we can't take him to a club. I did look at buying him some bits and pieces for the garden but they seem rather expensive.

Yours looks great and I love the picture of Liberty jumping!

Please let us know how you get on with the other jumps tomorrow!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Well clever you could do the same thing but verticaly for the weave's
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Brilliant... well done
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2007, 07:41 PM
ooooh very clever! We (read Martin ) is gonna make some home made stuff for me and Indy to practice on, as some weeks we can't go to class.

If I may just add one point to your pictures, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, please don't let your dog jump on tarmac or other very hard surfaces, it can be very hard on the joints, and possibly lead to injuries. Just wanted to say, in case you didn't know :smt001
Elli Bell
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-02-2007, 09:49 PM
How ingenious. Am so impressed - it looks really professional. I am going to have a go, or should I say, start it, lose my temper, throw the pieces everywhere, have a fag, a glass of wine and get someone else to do it for me!!

Mimi
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 10:16 PM
I know you shouldn't jump on hard surfaces it's just the easiest place to photograph it!
It really was easy to make Elli Bell (that's what I call my Ellie well Ellie Bellie!) and took me probably not even half an hour! and I can't saw straight!
Becky
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >