Female 

12-01-2013, 11:27 PM

Another Betsy thread!

Checkout her latest on her channel.

Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Betsy has done it again, absolutely brilliant. Love the way she looks at the skateboard as if to say " how did that happen?" She looks like she's grown too but brilliant, we missed her videos.... She also looks like she loved the agility set too, just like Bailiie.
Well done Betsy

labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Betsy has done it again, absolutely brilliant. Love the way she looks at the skateboard as if to say " how did that happen?" She looks like she's grown too but brilliant, we missed her videos.... She also looks like she loved the agility set too, just like Bailiie.
Well done Betsy
Hahaha I know. Funnily enough she just *knew* how to skateboard when we showed it to her- we didnt have to teach it really, only put a word to it!

Yeah the agility set is fab- the cone jumps are perfect as they are the same size as jump bumps so no strain on growth plates. Normally would use a tuggy to increase drive but practiced without just so she didnt decide to eat the cones lol.

I want to use the 2x2 method with her but all I have been doing is weave entries with remote reward- how old would you start a pup on proper weaves? I've heard some say 9 months, some say 12?

She LOVES the tunnel. LOVES it!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Betsy is so cute and a very clever girl
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Betsy is so cute and a very clever girl
Indeed Though she went through a hell of a teenage stage, we are coming out the other end!

Wish us luck, due to take her bronze on tuesday!

/nervous
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

13-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Aw Betsy is a clever lass! She can go that skateboard better than I could

Great clip and thanks for sharing
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by labaddicted91 View Post
Hahaha I know. Funnily enough she just *knew* how to skateboard when we showed it to her- we didnt have to teach it really, only put a word to it!

Yeah the agility set is fab- the cone jumps are perfect as they are the same size as jump bumps so no strain on growth plates. Normally would use a tuggy to increase drive but practiced without just so she didnt decide to eat the cones lol.

I want to use the 2x2 method with her but all I have been doing is weave entries with remote reward- how old would you start a pup on proper weaves? I've heard some say 9 months, some say 12?

She LOVES the tunnel. LOVES it!
I think Bailiie started doing weaves at about 7 or 8 months old. We used to do agility for a few minutes at the end of class but the dogs didn't do much and it was all low key. It was probably easier for Bailiie with her being small, not sure about Betsy. I guess if you take it slowly and weave in and out quite wide she should be ok?
Good luck for the bronze on Tuesday. Bailiie and me are doing silver on Friday, I have everything crossed this time. We failed on our 2 minute stay last time but we've been practising 4 minutes at home so hopefully should be ok so long as there's no scary moments and raised voices!
Oh, Bailiie too loves the tunnel, both the normal one and the flap tunnel and she tried teaching a pug how to use the flap tunnel last week but the pug was having none of it!

labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2013, 01:28 AM
Ooo . Thanks for the quick reply!! Wow silver that's amazing...wishing you all the best of luck! 10 yeast since I took my last bronze so hoping it should be ok. Sometimes I think she could sail through the higher levels...but at the same time I've had times where I think I may need to glue her to the floor!