View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Nothing here either, which is quite surprising, but then my local village post office changed hands a month ago, and the counter isn't crammed full of them like we've had in previous years, so that could be the reason in this village. For once in my life, I now have 2 dogs who are totally oblivious to it all though, no matter how loud those bangs (I hope!!) which makes a pleasant change, but I feel for all the other poor doglets around here who are petrified of the damn things
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 06:25 PM
I've heard one or two - luckily Louie isn't bothered by them.. but poor Sadie is and I know they'll be loads at my parents..
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Unfortunatly I havn't they are going off as I type and poor Kyiro is a shaking panting quivering wreck. Goodness knows how I will get him out to the toilet tonight.
I am sick of seeing my poor boy in such a state of panic and we have weeks of it to go yet.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Come to think of it, it's been pretty quiet round here too.......just the bird scaring guns going off across the fields at times.

Must be the cost of the things, can think of much better things to spend my pennies on!

And is it me, or doesn't it seem odd with hallowe'en coming up and not even having had a frost yet.

You want your breath to show up in the cold round a good bonfire at a fireworks display.....not for it to be 'mild'
MrsSB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-10-2011, 07:06 AM
We've not had too many here, but just one is enough to terrify Ben. When my husband took him out for his last toilet walk on Saturday they were back in double quick time, he (Ben, that is) was absolutely shaking from head to toe and it took him a good ten to fifteen minutes to calm down, just because of one firework. He is petrified of them.

It was around this time last year that he became a stray (we rescued him towards the end of November) and I still think he may well have been terrified by fireworks and run off from wherever he was at the time.

Goodness only knows what we are going to do with him on the weekend of 5th November. I'm not looking forward to it one little bit.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 08:42 PM
They have been going off here since about 7pm, constant
Sounds like someone is having their firework party early

Thankfully all dogs are not bothered, they have been standing in the garden watching them

Just another noise to them.....hope it stays this way, we had a brilliant year with these last year, only Reah hated the noise but as long as she was covered over with a blanket she stayed quiet....bless her x
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 09:13 PM
We haven't had many round here but it will start this weekend.

Personally it doesn't bother me as Monty is completely oblivious to them and will stand in the garden and watch them with us.

I completely understand how people are irritated by fireworks but I can't help but enjoy them as me and my OH met on Firework's night and have always involved fireworks in our anniversaries and even our engagement last year so they mean so much more to us and next week we'll be getting married on Firework's Night!!!
MrsSB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Well I am currently sat up with a very frightened dog who has been padding around from room to room for over four hours. Nothing will settle him. He is petrified.

I'm sure the fireworks are lovely for those who enjoy them. For my boy they are a nightmare and for me they meana sleepless night!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-10-2011, 07:44 AM
I thought it had been quiet this year but last night they were going off for hours in the distance, far enough away so we couldn't see anything but close enough to make the dogs bark everytime they went outside. My lot quite enjoy them when they are close enough to watch, they stand and watch them and join in with the general cacophoney which is fine because they don't annoy anyone with their barking as the fireworks drown them out but when they're in the distance all the neighbours hear is the dogs barking so it's a pain in the butt trying to keep them quiet.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 06:06 PM
I've not heard any but then its early days yet, only the 27th.....Loui couldnt care less about them anyway.

For some reason (perhaps because the outside light is off and I have a dobe? Idk) I don't get trick or treaters either, suits me fine!!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >