Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 11:38 AM

Lack of motivation

I need a kick uip the preverbial!

I am sat here on the PC, dogs have been walked and fed (no mean feat with the number i have here at the moment!)

But.......it is a beautiful day and I need to have a major clean out, get some washing done, paint the ratty cage, do some gardening, groom a couple of the dogs, paint the walls and get the general housework done, not ebven mentioning the cars that need a good clean out.

Any tips for a bit of motivation?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh yes...
have a day (or two...or more) just for you. Read a daft book, stare into space, doze in the sunshine....Then when your batteries are recharged you`ll do all that stuff in half the time.
I think we all forget that we need time off occasionally.
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I think Chocolate is great motivation, but a big yummy bar in the kitchen, and each task completed means you have a square!!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Aw, Hannah, I know how you feel! I've been the same these days, but as it's getting lighter in the mornings and at night now, I seem to be slightly better, but not a lot!

I have a load of stuff to do, same sort of stuff you have mentioned, but just can't be bothered doing it!

Not with regards to the dogs though. Like you, I always make sure they're seen to with regards to exercising, training and feeding.....it's just everything else that's the problem!

The problem is, there are always better things to do.

I don't have any tips apart from give yourself a reward at the end of doing them, such as some chocolate or a cup of tea and a biscuit. That seems to help me ever so slightly!

Oh, and thinking about the relief when it's all done.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 12:47 PM
I have promised myself a chinese tonight.....

Dogs have now been groomed. and more washing has been sorted - about to go and scrub the ratty cage....

I know what you mean...somehow the creatures tasks always come first!

Heigh ho - Motivational music on as well!