Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2010, 07:48 PM
]

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
I totally agree with what you say but it's Tories who actually want to keep the voting system as it is. The other parties all want to change it to a way whereby this fiasco would not have happened. Tories are the ones refusing to even discuss electoral reform, thereby IMO they are advocating the very system that may have allowed them to be comfortably in government

l
I agree , but as it stands thats what we have so untill it changes we have to go with it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Wasn't it Harriot Harman who lost her seat in the elections coz of the claims business though?? I get her confused with the other woman who looks the same lol!

Oh I wouldn't want another woman in charge thankyou very much!!! I want a strong man, somebody the complete opposite of Gordon Brown, somebody like Obama would do me fine!
Nooooooooo I think this man is going to turn out to be one of the most dangerous, trouble making men in the world.

Originally Posted by Clarita View Post
This is supposed to be a democracy, so feel really cross that there could be a Lib Lab coalition when more people in the UK want the Tories than any other party- what the flip is going on?!! If this was the Olympics it would be like the Silver medalist and the bronze medalist getting the gold because the gold medalist only won the race by less than a second!! It is total madness!! What is the point in voting?!! Also, Conservative party even though had a minority win still had thousands of more votes than labour or liberals. If it were not for the Welsh or Scottish votes Tories would have had a majority too!! Why do the Welsh and Scottish vote in the General election now that they have their own assemblies either?!!

It has to be either Cameron or Cameron Clegg in government!! Labour are so out of order!! It is not just Gordon who is too big for his boots- the whole labour party are!!

Politics makes me so very cross!! Voted Tory along with the majority of England!!

Just heard it will be a Labour Liberal Democrat Government- how is this just or fair?!! Am so very angry!!

This is not democracy!! This is not good for the economy either!!

Clarita
My sentiments exactly

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Thats like saying there is a 3 horse race and those that came second and third really won, becuase they have more legs between them

There were 3 main parties in this race (along with others) the Tories got the most votes so in effect they where voted in by the people, you cant them count up the rest of the parties votes together to say, they where what the people voted for,
Yep, what she said

I am insensed by the whole thing. It's like a load of kids squabbling over who is going to be friends with who.
God help us all
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Nooooooooo I think this man is going to turn out to be one of the most dangerous, trouble making men in the world.

My sentiments exactly

Yep, what she said

I am insensed by the whole thing. It's like a load of kids squabbling over who is going to be friends with who.
God help us all
I agree, NC is holding the country to ransom, he knows he has a hand to play and is making the other two squirm
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
They're fairly progressive (obviously not as much as libdem or green).
brown/blair 'progressive'

thats a pretty recent adjective then

before then they were regarded as pretty much conservative and old tory

in europe, the socilaist parties have always regarded nu labour as pretty much right wing aligned with euro conservatives and christian democrats.

bliar always sided with the right wing euro govs.

pretty right wing and autharitarian on civil liberties matters as well.

labour-progressive?

nah, that's just a party propoganda line they came out with at the weekend for the benefit of the media to woo the lib dems

america regards cameron as being pretty liberal.

he tories and lib dems have way more in common.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
So the tories got us in??? With all that Maggie had said all those years about about the EU??? I cannot believe that!!!
Not too sure what you mean?

Heath took us into the EU (EEC) 1973 after a public referendum.

thatcher did indeed refuse to join the single currency and other aspects of the EU..
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 10:07 PM
I never met anyone who voted yes to that---including me! Maybe they are all ashamed.

rune
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
[]
its not a coalition that is in discussion, a coalition is when two parties merge as one, they are not going to do that, they are negotiating for points scoring,, the ruling party will give the LD, some say in some decisions, and give them some concessions on some of their policies.
Hi Jack

it is the option of a coalition between various parties under discussion.

2 parties becoming one is a merger, as in SDP and Liberals becoming Lib Dems
(the old liberal party still exists btw)

the lib dems have the option of either joining a governing coalition with the tories, or lab plus others, or just offering what's called, in New Zealand (where this system and culture of government is standard and quite suceessful) 'confidence and supply' in key votes, such as a budget or vote of confidence, but voting however they wish as regards others bills.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 07:15 AM
GB stepping down isn't breaking news, he has no choice. What he did however was a very cheeky move and I think it stinks.

NC is annoying me tremendously. He has a power hungry expression now and seems to be enjoying holding the country to ransom.

I think a referendum on PR is a fair offer at this stage and think Conservative are the only party who are behaving professionally and maturely throughout this whole fiasco.

What saddens me is that we are in this state because of a lot of wasted votes. It's become clear that people have voted tactically, they have voted for the wrong reasons and they have voted cowardly. We are now in this mess because of those wasted votes.

Anyone who has not voted solely for their belief in a party's policies has wasted their vote.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Well...hes finally gone....I guess that just leaves the others to shake on something!!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 06:31 PM
So David Cameron is going to be Prime Minister.

Well, I fear for Scotland. The Tories ruined us years ago and we are still feeling the effects now. That'll never change.

So much for Nick Clegg, he hated the Tories, what the hell is going on?

They all have more faces than Big Ben.
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »