View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 12:17 PM
does anyone know if any of them have not abused the system?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I think we should throw the lot of them out and start all over again. Why can't we have a one man band (with all his enterage (sp?) of course!) like the US? We don't need 600 scroungers pretending to run this country, chuck them all out, and if we have to stick with the way we do it, then halve the number of mp's why do we need so many, have you ever seen YOURS then coz I haven't, and I wonder what he actually does now????!! Got me thinking anyways! From now on, every little gripe I've got will not be sent to the council to sort out, it will be sent straight to my MP, let him earn his keep - all £70k a year of it, if that's what we're paying them for! I want ONE MAN with one vision, not these parties that don't even know WHAT they stand for anymore, they keep moving the goal posts, it's all a right bl**dy mess and now this on top, verging on criminal!!!!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
does anyone know if any of them have not abused the system?
Martin Salter
Celia Barlow
Geoffrey Robinson
Adam Afriyie
Richard Benyon
Philip Dunne
Anne Milton
Rob Wilson
David Howarth

i think Norman Baker, Hilary Benn & Denis Skinner have been pretty good as well
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Simple. I don't think they should be paid expenses at all.

I understand they have to represent constituencies all over the country, so need to have a home there. Yet they have to be in London for Parliament. Well then, I would supply each MP with a season ticket for the railway, and on the occasions where they have to stay in London for late voting, I would have a sofa bed in their parliamentary office. If not everyone has an office in the building, I would create a dorm out of their common room. Wouldn't take much.

Perhaps they'd then improve public transport instead of banging on how we all should use it. And no-one, but no-one would need a second flat.

Perhaps then too, we'd only get the people who truly want to work for the country rather than lining their own pockets.

Hear hear - totally agree!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
They are thieves, plain and simple but it's all dressed up as mistakes and misunderstandings.
Poor lambs.....

Sadly, they're obviously not bright enough to be in the job in the first place.......
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
They are thieves, plain and simple
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Sadly, they're obviously not bright enough to be in the job in the first place.......
Is it better to be thought of as a thief or thick as two short planks, I wonder?
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2009, 02:50 PM
They are not thick, they think we the British public are though, because they've been pulling the wool over our eyes for years.They should form a new parliament with the MP'S from all parties who didn't steal from us and the rest should join the queues they've created down the job centres.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't know why the government can't have designated flats/dorms like nurses do for them to stay in. A lot of them don't live that far away from Parliament so theres no need for second homes, they should get B&B or rooms. They are fraudsters - what makes me angry is that if it was anybody else they would have the book thrown at them. Its all very well getting them to pay the money back - its after the event, it would not have happened if they hadn't got caught - and they think that paying it back makes it all ok. They should sack the lot of them.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 03:14 PM
We could buy a big Hotel, near the Houses of Parliament, and have it specifically for mp's ACTUALLY attending Parliament, coz I bet a lot of them don't even bother yet make all the claims as if they were each day. It would be a miniscule cost compared to what they're ripping off the general public, and I don't mean 5-star either, more like 2-star, afterall, it's for WORK isn't it!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 03:53 PM
I have been watching more of this on the news. If the government knows what is good for them, they will sack those that have abused the system. Looks like one of David Cameron's people has already resigned over it -- good riddance.

And politicians wonder why no one in this country has any faith in them.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >