View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2015, 06:10 AM
I have it.. When I first started up the computer after download I was horrified that everything looked like an old windows 95 screen with huge blurry icons and typeface..

I soon found the settings to suit my PC and now its all sorted.. I dont think win10 is much different on a day to day basis from any other windows to be honest..
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Chris and Dorrit do you know what speed your Broadband is , how long did it take to download W10.

I have a slow internet speed of 2.5 mbs here and it took all day to download W8.1 so I need to be prepared for a lengthly online blackout when installing W10 ..
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Thanks Trouble, I was on the brink of ignoring my family and downloading!
I won't now for a while at least!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

12-08-2015, 11:51 AM
Well it obviously works on some machines as my son had previously downloaded it onto his. There is no point someone who has had no issues with it saying how fab it is and how easy it was to rectify on an old machine. Mine is pretty new only a couple of months old and high spec so that's not the issue. Love to see you rectify the problem when nothing on your laptop works cos windows repeatedly disables it. So if it worked for you, bully for you but don't encourage others to follow suit when there are a whole host of recognised problems out there already. Best to wait till they resolve the issues and have a clean download.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Chris and Dorrit do you know what speed your Broadband is , how long did it take to download W10.

I have a slow internet speed of 2.5 mbs here and it took all day to download W8.1 so I need to be prepared for a lengthly online blackout when installing W10 ..
It took less than an hour to put it onto my computer (upgrade). About 7 hours on my hubby's (same model laptop), but he did a full install from Microsoft site), about the same 7 hours on our older machine and that was just the upgrade.

Our Broadband is 4.29 mbs download speed.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2015, 12:50 PM
I was in no way shape or form trying to influence people to go ahead with the install. All I was trying to do was put on my experiences on three different machines as I thought it may be of interest to those considering it
Meg
Supervisor

12-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It took less than an hour to put it onto my computer (upgrade). About 7 hours on my hubby's (same model laptop), but he did a full install from Microsoft site), about the same 7 hours on our older machine and that was just the upgrade.

Our Broadband is 4.29 mbs download speed.
That doesn't sound too bad then Chris thanks I need to pick a time when the rest of the village isn't online using up all the bandwidth .
Meg
Supervisor

12-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well it obviously works on some machines as my son had previously downloaded it onto his. There is no point someone who has had no issues with it saying how fab it is and how easy it was to rectify on an old machine. Mine is pretty new only a couple of months old and high spec so that's not the issue. Love to see you rectify the problem when nothing on your laptop works cos windows repeatedly disables it. So if it worked for you, bully for you but don't encourage others to follow suit when there are a whole host of recognised problems out there already. Best to wait till they resolve the issues and have a clean download.
Hello Shirley please note from the redirect in the technology section this is a merged thread . Chris's thread on the same subject of Windows 10 was merged with yours (at post number 9).

We usually merger topics on the same subject if they are posted around the same time . I am sure we can all use one thread to discuss the topic of Windows 10 amicably
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I wasnt encouraging anyone... Just wait a while and you can move straight onto the next version of whatever microsoft release....
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
That doesn't sound too bad then Chris thanks I need to pick a time when the rest of the village isn't online using up all the bandwidth .
That may have been why it took a while on the two slower machines. We have thousands of holiday makers in the caravans at the moment. Bound to make a difference
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >