View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Europe..in or out
Stay in 4 14.81%
Get out 22 81.48%
Don't care 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
liberty
Dogsey Senior

15-06-2004, 05:53 PM

Europe...in or out?

I say out, I'm fed up with Brussels dictating this that and the other. We seem to pay an awful lot of money out, to subsidise the poorer countries, but I fail to see how as a country we benefit.

What do you think??

liberty
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Out!! Definitely!
Robert
Dogsey Senior

15-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Definately out, wouldn't mind so much if we got somewthing back from it, and they've absolutely devastated the fishing, went to penzance today, didn't see any pirates though and most of the trawlers tied up were Spanish and french.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

15-06-2004, 08:44 PM
I think there are pros and cons for Both - having a united Europe means we can stand up economically to larger Countries, such as USA, Japan etc
We (as citizens) get ripped of in the UK so hopefully Europe would help to sort that out too (mortgage rates are about 2% in Europe if I remb rightly). We pay more Vat/tax etc etc but what for? far better standards of living in Europe - lower waiting lists, less work hours and better sunshine! lol although thats isnt the govts fault!

But then you have to look at the other side which is a United Europe is the next step towards a 'world Goverment' which im not really fussed on.

TBH there are loads more things to consider and Im not sure which side of the fence Im on yet, but one things for sure, we probably wont get a choice!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-06-2004, 10:52 PM
There are times when I feel that the E.U. is just the Germans' new way of taking over Europe by political means (having failed to do it by war, twice). Now that there's an E.U., they will be able to drive their tanks into France and say they are just parking them

However, to be a bit more serious, I think we are going to lose all ability to make our own rules (sovereignty). The stuff that is coming out of Brussels already is unbelievable - and so much of it is just c**p. Already, there's hardly a thing that they haven't got their interfering little fingers into. Business may think it's a fine thing, but Joe Public gets what he always gets - shafted.

I'm sorry, but the more some f*rt in an Armani suit tries to tell me how good something is, the more likely I am to go looking for a shotgun and some salted buckshot!

Snorri
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-06-2004, 09:03 AM
I say out too. I have seen what the CAP did to farming and food prices and the fishing policy is joke. When we went into the EEC we ditched the trade with our good friends Australia and NZ leaving them to find new markets for their goods. I voted no when we went in and I still say no now
corsogirl
Dogsey Junior

27-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Out!!!!
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-07-2004, 07:39 PM
** whispers ** in
minx
New Member!

12-09-2004, 03:39 PM