Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2018, 08:39 PM
Hopefully an infection.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-07-2018, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey perhaps you can plant a tree to put Lara's ashes under. Feel for you (Hugs).
[quote=Lynn;2933311The tree idea mentioned by Moyra is nice Harvey. [/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Harvey I have all my dogs ashes under a stone gsd ornament. That way I can put others under it. I also planted a rose tree.
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Moyra the tree idea is a lovely one.

Thank you all for lovely suggestions. There is a Silver Birch tree in the front garden which would be suitable. There is also a rose arch which the previous owner installed but the steel tube frame has rusted and broken and I have been wanting to put a new (proper) arch in to replace the old one. Then Rianna could rest on one side and Lara on the other with the roses going up each side. What do you guys think ?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
The tree idea mentioned by Moyra is nice Harvey.

plus certain agents are not the best. I am wondering whether the one that pushed for us to look at the bungalow way over pur price bucket has a bee in the bonnet as we had the house valuation in September done by them. Or he is just an arrogant young man who doesn't listen.

Thank you Lynn, see my post above.

You haven't named the agents but in my case the seller was using HAART and believe me I would NEVER recommend them to anyone It's so annoying they think they are Gods gift to the house buying public but reality is they know nothing
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-07-2018, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Had to rush Kota to the vet with a big swelling on her neck, I had given piriton in case it was a sting and metacam... didn't go down so off to the vet, she has to go back next Wednesday and if it's not hugely improved she has to go in for an aspiration, she has an antibiotic 2times a day so just hoping it goes down

Oh heck another worry. Let us hope the A/B's do their job.

We have changed vets, the new ones are a proper tradition vets (Partnership) lead vet has been there 25 years. With CVS they were a company and constantly changing faces and the only guy who could do ultra scans recently left, the equipment is still there but no one trained up on how to use it plus some other problems, and their refusal to give me a credit for Lara's (expensive) medication. The local staff all told me it was company policy handed down from head office. Well they've lost a customer now
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
[B] There is also a rose arch which the previous owner installed but the steel tube frame has rusted and broken and I have been wanting to put a new (proper) arch in to replace the old one. Then Rianna could rest on one side and Lara on the other with the roses going up each side. What do you guys think ?
I think that would be simply perfect.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2018, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh heck another worry. Let us hope the A/B's do their job.

We have changed vets, the new ones are a proper tradition vets (Partnership) lead vet has been there 25 years. With CVS they were a company and constantly changing faces and the only guy who could do ultra scans recently left, the equipment is still there but no one trained up on how to use it plus some other problems, and their refusal to give me a credit for Lara's (expensive) medication. The local staff all told me it was company policy handed down from head office. Well they've lost a customer now
My vets are a partnership they have wo locations now as one son and two daughters from the three orginal partners have joined.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2018, 09:05 PM
Had to rush Kota to the vet with a big swelling on her neck, I had given piriton in case it was a sting and metacam... didn't go down so off to the vet, she has to go back next Wednesday and if it's not hugely improved she has to go in for an aspiration, she has an antibiotic 2times a day so just hoping it goes down
Hope all goes well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2018, 09:57 PM
Harvey, that is a beautiful idea!! I don't blame you for leaving, my vet is an independent practice...I can't see they would ever fit into a chain...yes I may have to be referred to other practices for certain things but I know they will always do right for my animals.
Tonight, I was booked in with a vet who I am not keen on, my vet Conor was working but fully booked, I got there and the receptionist ran in, had a word and he saw Kota for me...he actually commented on how well trained she is!
Thanks Kazz...I hope Wednesday they say she is fine
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-07-2018, 08:49 AM
I got there and the receptionist ran in, had a word and he saw Kota for me...

Griff, that is what I call 'good service' shows that they really care. Would never happen with CVS and I'm glad we changed.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3