Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 08:33 AM

Daily Thread Tuesday 26th June

Good morning everyone

Good news you have two more viewings booked Lynn.

Sorting out will soon be done Chris then you can enjoy the sun

Another warm day ahead. Up early to take Teazle out and have also cleaned all the downstairs windows outside before the sun hits them. Nothing much planned, might read a book in the garden

Hope all are keeping ell

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2018, 08:53 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow.
Hot here again today and no breeze today to help keep it cooler. Had Dillon out by 6.15 could feel it warming up as we got nearer to home. Beautiful seeing the mist coming off the river as we walked. There are things I will miss about the village if/when we move.
Dillon brushed trying to keep that undercoat under control he doesn't seem to be suffering to badly and one fan already going will need two going by lunchtime I expect.
Just some hoovering to do then we wait for Gorden to arrive this afternoon he has tomorrow off.
Very pleased with the interest the house is generating Sue.
Enjoy your book reading.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today and not suffering to much from the heat.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2018, 09:41 AM
Oooh oooh oooh just had a call from the agent, the guy who cme Saturday to view and loved the house has been in touch his buyers have confirmed their sale is going through so all paperwork from solicitors forwarded. He has asked for 2nd viewing Friday 12.30. Gorden isn't here but he met Dillon and Terry our agent will be coming along to so watch this space.
Might we get an offer within a week of listing ????
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 10:05 AM
BLOODY HELL Lynn!!!!! I have everything crossed
Sue... come do my windows please?
I need to get some cheese and fetch the cat's medicine but I think maybe too hot to walk
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Good morning all.

Good luck Lynn. Fingers firmly crossed for you.

Hubby is ill (looks like he's coming down with something) so it's on with the sorting today. I'm sure he's done it just to get out of getting the shed and porch back in order .

The bungalow across from us has been empty for the past 5 or 6 years. The old lady who lived in it sadly died. The son (he must be pushing 70) came at first, said he was going to do it up, but after two initial short visits, it's just been left. As you can imagine, it has got very over grown with even a tree in the drive. He's a strange bloke who is nasty to everyone. Anyways, the next door neighbour reported it to the council and lo and behold, the guy has turned up again. Him and his wife are clearing the drive at the moment. I do hope they put it up for sale. It looks awful and it would be nice to see it with a nice garden again instead of a jungle.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2018, 10:26 AM
I know griff goodness if he makes us an offer that suits us we will be seriously looking. Shell shocked again I really thought this would be sitting here forever. Mustn't get ahead of myself no offer made yet.
If it's the same as here I would deffo say to hot to walk.
Chris such a shame when there is family and things are left to go to rack and ruin. Surprised he doesn't need to sell and have the money. Unless he thinks you have to put no effort in.
Fingers crossed they whip it into shape and it's sold on.
Hope hubby is better soon and don't overwork yourself with the porch it will still be there to do tomorrow or when cooler.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 10:34 AM
It is very strange that he didn't put it on the market straight away. It is continually losing value. I imagine by now it reeks of damp after being empty for so long.

We did think that it may have been intestate because it was never his mother's intention to leave it to him. She positively hated him. Maybe there is a probate issue, but I doubt he would have come now if so (or been allowed to).

It's such a shame because this is a lovely estate and it does let it down
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Chris, people are really odd, my mums aunt has a house the same as ours, 3storey, decent area, large garden but hers overlooks the field. It's worth at least £250,000, she sold it to her youngest daughter around 15years ago for.....£34,000 the house has been sat empty for around 5years as her mother went to live in Rhodes with the same daughter. There are 4 daughters and my mums uncle stated the house was to be split between his 4daughters after his wife (my mums aunt died)...I have no clue why people leave property to rot when as you state they can have the money and do something they want with it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 11:00 AM
No harm in casting an eye over properties Lynn and making a list of those you are quite keen on looking at.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Went to the vets...got the bus, no way was I walking... just as I was leaving, the builders next door have turned up... sounds like they are taking out another wall...I swear if they had knocked it down and rebuilt it, it would have been finished
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >