Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 12:23 AM

Formby

I fancy taking Ted to the beach on Sunday and was thinking about going to Formby we went a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. I was just wondering if anybody knows if it gets very busy at this time of year although i imagine it will depend a bit on the weather and i realise being a weekend it will be a bit busier is there a better time of day to go? Also if anybody knows of anything that might be going on there or in the area that is best avoided this weekend please can you let me know or anything else i should know before visiting. Thanks
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
I fancy taking Ted to the beach on Sunday and was thinking about going to Formby we went a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. I was just wondering if anybody knows if it gets very busy at this time of year although i imagine it will depend a bit on the weather and i realise being a weekend it will be a bit busier is there a better time of day to go? Also if anybody knows of anything that might be going on there or in the area that is best avoided this weekend please can you let me know or anything else i should know before visiting. Thanks
Me and Hev went before xmas and it was deserted . Parking is £3 so dont use the car park just park outside and walk up to the beach!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Me and Hev went before xmas and it was deserted . Parking is £3 so dont use the car park just park outside and walk up to the beach!
Thanks i think we will give it a go then I think if the website is up to date as i'm a national trust member i won't have to pay for parking but if i do i'll just park outside and walk in .
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 09:48 AM
National trust members don't have to pay. You can
Park down by the beach!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
National trust members don't have to pay. You can
Park down by the beach!
Brilliant thank you! Just have to hope i can find it now
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
Brilliant thank you! Just have to hope i can find it now
Thats good you wont hav to pay, we were rummaging for change.

Both me and Hevvur got lost so try and look for Formby train station its right by there
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Thats good you wont hav to pay, we were rummaging for change.

Both me and Hevvur got lost so try and look for Formby train station its right by there
well i'm hoping to borrow my friends sat nav so fingers crossed i'll find it but i'll definitely look out for the station If i'd thought about it earlier you could have came and given Ted a cuddle
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Sat Nav got me lost going there lol
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Sat Nav got me lost going there lol
Lol oh dear better look out for that station then!
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2012, 04:02 PM
if im going to formby, i turn towards formby off the roundabout on the dual caridgeway (exit by the bp garage) follow that road to a mini roundabout with a pub on your right, go straight over it then take a right at the cross roads at the end, follow that road and watch for the brown "nature reserve" sign, turn down there (its a left turn) and its at the end of that road as far as i can remember. ill have to drive it and make sure sometime
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >