Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 02:57 PM
he is fab!
it was interesting watching his heelwork as (not only is it really great heelwork!), but the position where he holds his head up further than most, erm I cant put it into words, but when he was in the close he looked straight up with his head rather than sideways (it makes sense honestly!) anyway Indy does the same thing and I wasnt sure if it wsa quite right so was reassuring to see.

so instead of tucking the head in and up like in heelwork in the close it comes up higher does that make sense? Not every time just occasionally...

Are you confused yet? you should be!!!!

anywho it was really good! hopefully one day Indy and me will be at the same standard. I'd love Felix to be as well but he's a tad *cough* lazy *cough*
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by melzy View Post
please tell me how you get mav to lean into u like the its wicked

Look at the Static bit, thats how i teach his position, mainley using lure to teach it & my "hands" to back up the position that i like.

I terach the "trot" by teaching a "follow" off my leg

Then mish- mash it together & HOPEFULLY it comes out right!!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
he is fab!
it was interesting watching his heelwork as (not only is it really great heelwork!), but the position where he holds his head up further than most, erm I cant put it into words, but when he was in the close he looked straight up with his head rather than sideways (it makes sense honestly!) anyway Indy does the same thing and I wasnt sure if it wsa quite right so was reassuring to see.

so instead of tucking the head in and up like in heelwork in the close it comes up higher does that make sense? Not every time just occasionally...

Are you confused yet? you should be!!!!

anywho it was really good! hopefully one day Indy and me will be at the same standard. I'd love Felix to be as well but he's a tad *cough* lazy *cough*

Dunno if its sinking in hun????? you might need to try again, ive read it 5 times!!!! youll have to tell me which bit its on!!!!

I THINK you liked him!!!!

He does have a high head carriage, but seems to be able to maintain it easily, Ive Encorged it but not forced it, as hes only ikkle i quite like to have him "reaching" actually he dosent look too small in the clip does he.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post

Dunno if its sinking in hun????? you might need to try again, ive read it 5 times!!!! youll have to tell me which bit its on!!!!

I THINK you liked him!!!!

He does have a high head carriage, but seems to be able to maintain it easily, Ive Encorged it but not forced it, as hes only ikkle i quite like to have him "reaching" actually he dosent look too small in the clip does he.
lmao - dont worry I even confused myself!

high head carriage seems to explain it quite well! It was just a couple of times with his head when he was in the heel position (not moving) that he kind of tipped his head back, and it reminded me strongly of Indy as she does the same. He's so stunning and so clever, you've obviously put alot of work into him, you can see he loves it so much!

obviously the bonsai collies are naturally brilliant but he's exceptional!

x
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 03:20 PM
ps - nope he didnt look particularly small on the vid I didnt think!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
lmao - dont worry I even confused myself!

high head carriage seems to explain it quite well! It was just a couple of times with his head when he was in the heel position (not moving) that he kind of tipped his head back, and it reminded me strongly of Indy as she does the same. He's so stunning and so clever, you've obviously put alot of work into him, you can see he loves it so much!

obviously the bonsai collies are naturally brilliant but he's exceptional!

x

oh you mean when hes "standing " in a static position as oppopsed to when hes moving when it drops abit?

i dont think he could trot like that as he wouldnt be able to see where he was going!!!!

When hes static i really like him to "stretch" & reach!!!! i think this will help him maintain a Consistent head postion when moving as hes working his neck muscles.

Glad you liked him!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 03:36 PM
oh you mean when hes "standing " in a static position as oppopsed to when hes moving when it drops abit?

i dont think he could trot like that as he wouldnt be able to see where he was going!!!!

When hes static i really like him to "stretch" & reach!!!! i think this will help him maintain a Consistent head postion when moving as hes working his neck muscles.

Glad you liked him!

phew glad we got that sorted!

yes she drops a bit when moving but then stretched up when stationary, so was pleased when I saw he does that as means we're going well!!!

its a pity indy mav pups are out of the question they seem so alike from what you say, and how he acts on video and looks on photos! not to mention he's sooooo good looking!!!

ah well, can't wait to meet him (and you! and flynn!)

x
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 03:42 PM
you can have a go with him when we meet he will work for anybody!!!! Its abit like driving a ferrarri!!! ( Flynns like driving a Mega power Range rover with no breaks!!!! he wont work for anyone else unfortunatly)
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:13 PM
you can have a go with him when we meet he will work for anybody!!!! Its abit like driving a ferrarri!!! ( Flynns like driving a Mega power Range rover with no breaks!!!! he wont work for anyone else unfortunatly)
ooo that would be nice! you can show me how it should be done with Indy as well, not sure what she'll be like to drive but something fast and slimline (that has a habit of creeping forward on the move!) should be pretty accurate

you should be pleased with the vid, i've only watched it five times so far! he looks even more handsome on the move than he does in photos!

x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Really enjoyed your video well done x
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >