Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 12:10 AM

Breeds and crosses, just out of interest

As some of you know, I am an agility instructor [ and as of yesterday I took over the club I`m priveliged to be the instructor for with Dogsey member Dougiedog becoming our club Secretary].

Of my five dogs, two of my collies and my lurcher do agility but I`m far from being `collie biased` for agility, I just happen to have collies

Over the years I have instructed owners of all sorts of breeds and mixes, and each one has something to teach me which gets passed on to other handlers.

More and more non-collies are training and competing which I think is fantastic as its such a fun activity for the dogs and its wonderful to have people see breeds they would never associate as being able to do agility, which in turn inspires even more owners to give it a go.

So just out of interest, and hopefully to inspire even more people to have a go, who on Dogsey does agility and what is your agility dogs breed or mix ?

Pics would be a bonus pretty please

To start it off, these are my agility doglets

Silk

Defa

Fluke

Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 12:44 AM
I do agility with my Malamute and my Collie
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-11-2006, 03:34 AM
Congratulations Patch! I don't do agility but just wanted to say that
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2006, 06:04 AM
Same here... I'm not agile enough But congrats to ya and great pics there too
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 08:25 AM
I do agility too and I don't have collies in fact you may recognise them vaguely Patch

Here is Shady my Rottie x GSD

This is my JRT Milo

sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 09:17 AM
congrates patch i dont agility yet but will be with my parson russell trigger, whos in my pic.
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2006, 11:20 AM
I have always done with Bee our cocker,and have just started with the younger 2, Lennox our staffie x and a teeny bit with Maggie (mini schnauzer) but she's too small for a lot yet and I take the farms collie x cavalier kcs round when she's there (if she knows what you're up to she wont leave you alone til she's had a go,enthuisiastic isn't the word!)By far the best of my lot at it are Bee who's been doing it for ages and Lennox who has just started.Pics of the cockers have just been posted in the photos bit but Lenny wasn't present the day the camera was so I will take it next time and add some of him showin off!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Great stuff, keep it coming guys

And fanx for the congrats

Madmare, yep yours do look familiar, now where I have I seen them before :smt005
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 06:12 PM
I did do agility with my GSD but found it to be too hard on her joints and she started to go lame, so we gave up.

I had a couple of goes with my collie but, to be honest, he (and I) prefer sheep herding
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 07:25 PM
I do agility with my springer but have been taking my gwp with me while she's been in season. There are only 4 of us in the class, which consists of a gsp, a gsd and a bearded collie x.

Sounds like you're gonna be busy!

Helen
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »